Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nice Restaurant for celebratory dinner?

User Info Menu

Nice Restaurant for celebratory dinner?

Any recommendations? I don't want to go to the Spa. I have avoided finer type dining in Negril because there's so much good food but thought I'd like to try something different this time around.

User Info Menu

Re: Nice Restaurant for celebratory dinner?

Ivan's for sure, do the 100 candle dinner if you can.

User Info Menu

I really like the food at Xtabi but wouldn't call it fancy. I have enjoyed food and service at LeVendome (Charela)

This next trip I would like to try Bongo's (Sandy Haven Hotel) and The Zest (The Cliff Hotel)

User Info Menu

if your celebration is a romantic one Night of 100 candles at Ivan's is fantastic. It's for two people. Did this for Valentines and it was a hit!
    Have enjoyed Bongo's but it sits at the front of the hotel and we felt a little disconnected from the water.
    Almost all beach restaurants and resorts will setup a private table for a celebration on the beach. We've done that for a couple of birthdays.

User Info Menu

Ivans...

Or one could get the private table on the upper deck at Kuyaba.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flipadelphia26 View Post
    Ivans...

Or one could get the private table on the upper deck at Kuyaba.
    I would recommend the same. However, I once tried to reserve the upper deck at Kuyaba for my wife's birthday and they told me it was first-come-first-served. When we got there, the table was occupied by 4 German girls who stayed there long after they finished dinner, getting drunk. This was a couple years ago, so it might be worth contacting them to see if its now reserve-able.

In addition to Ivan's, we have also enjoyed a special dinner at The Lodge at Tensing Pen.

I agree with you about the Spa Retreat. Had a dinner there last trip - the food was pretty good, but the environment felt sterile.

User Info Menu

Ivan's is great but Catch a Falling Star (Catcha) also has wonderful food.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    Ivan's is great but Catch a Falling Star (Catcha) also has wonderful food.
    Miss Sue...Ivans is the restaurant at Catcha Falling Star.

User Info Menu

Another vote for the 100 Candles dinner at Ivan's. I surprised my wife with it for our 5th anniversary. It was wonderful. Reservations required in advance.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Tensing Pen is always a good go to.