Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Half Moon Bay

User Info Menu

Half Moon Bay

It's been 5 years since I've brought my wife to Negril
    Shameful, I know. Is Half Moon Bay still a chill place to visitit?
    We throughly enjoyed it in the past.

User Info Menu

Re: Half Moon Bay

Last I heard it is still going on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Half Moon Beach is still a great place to chill. They recently added and off-shore bar called Calico Jack's Pirate Shack (think Pelican Bar), which is a fun place to grab some lunch and drinks, and have a snorkel.

However, please note that on certain days tour boats come in from Montego Bay and those guests fill-up the beach. It might be a good idea to call ahead and ask when they will be there, so you can avoid them.

User Info Menu

Where is that?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SoloTraveller View Post
    Where is that?
    It's around Green Island, about 20 minutes north of Negril. You've passed the little roadside sign on the drive to Negril.

http://www.halfmoonbeachjamaica.com/

User Info Menu

Cool thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    Half Moon Beach is still a great place to chill. They recently added and off-shore bar called Calico Jack's Pirate Shack (think Pelican Bar), which is a fun place to grab some lunch and drinks, and have a snorkel.

However, please note that on certain days tour boats come in from Montego Bay and those guests fill-up the beach. It might be a good idea to call ahead and ask when they will be there, so you can avoid them.

Thanks for the info! We got invaded my the booze cruise one time. It was fun, they bought us drinks etc

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by redstripeinhand View Post
    We got invaded my the booze cruise one time. It was fun, they bought us drinks etc
    Can't beat that! I didn't mind them so much, except that took up all the lounge chairs on the beach. As a result the owners didn't charge us the usual entrance fee.

User Info Menu

We will stay there for the first time in Feb.
    Looking forward to the visit. We are staying there before Negril as it might be hard to downshift from busy Negril to quiet HMB

User Info Menu

Tahrheel

I wanted to stay a couple nights at HMB. Working my wife off the AI. Maybe next time. Lol