Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Where's the good food these days?

User Info Menu

Re: Where's the good food these days?

We had a great meal at Swordfish also! Food was fantastic as was the service. Beautiful little restaurant too and a really neat bar, although it wasn't staffed with a bartender when we were there. You MUST have cake and/or ice cream if you can possibly save enough room.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    We had a great meal at Swordfish also! Food was fantastic as was the service. Beautiful little restaurant too and a really neat bar, although it wasn't staffed with a bartender when we were there. You MUST have cake and/or ice cream if you can possibly save enough room.
    I would have to agree with Turtle. Swordfish
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

i'm excited to try swordfish when i get there next week.

as always, will visit sips n bites and just natural.

User Info Menu

Just returned after 2 weeks on the beach. Got to love all the great food in Negril. Our lineup included:

Chicken Lavish - Always great fried chicken. Looked very slow for this old-time spot. Hope they get more business
    Quality SeaBreeze - Quality makes excellent seafood dishes. Custom made - may take awhile, but worth the wait
    Best in the West - A long time fave, but I think the expansion has hurt their quality. No longer best jerk near beach
    Sweet Spice - Always a winner. Didn't disappoint
    Charela Inn (Le Vendome) - To my mind, most elegant dining on the beach. Love their roast chicken.
    Juicy's - Nice local spot with pool table. Curried shrimp and mashed potatoes. Hard to beat for $13.
    Montana's - First time for us, Excellent brown stewed chicken takeout. Tony is a classic! On the perma list for sure
    Ms Marge and Ossie - New location. Good home cooking, but surprised at the bill (no menu)

Missing the whole scene right now!

User Info Menu

Mr Turtle, when are you going to Negril?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mwenvlay View Post
    i'm excited to try swordfish when i get there next week.

as always, will visit sips n bites and just natural.
    I'ma bring V to swordfish in June if u like it.

3 Dives is faster now for sure but only sometimes. Not always. The food was really good last month.

Last month, Canoe bar, which has never disappointed us before and is always very good, was REALLY SLOW. Painfully. Slow. Even the salad I ordered for an app took forever. Slowest service i've encountered. The food was great once it came. Not sure we'll go back. Maybe we'll give it another chance.

We found Niyah on garden side across the street from Canoe and ordered some patties. Had a drink at Canoe as we waited. Someone in another thread mentioned Niyah has moved yet again? He was there
    Mid Jan so not sure...??

Just Natural for Jamaican breakfast is a must do!!!! So good! And they are just the best people ever We walked there from Catcha. Stay left at fork when rhe road spilts. Took us about 20 mins to walk there.

Rasta Ade on beach has good sips and salad if u like a light veg lunch. And as always, Ras Rody up across from tensing Pen is amazing Ital run by Shadrach and his family. Also really good people we love to visit.

Ivan's at Catcha still very good. A great spot if yer not staying on cliffs but wanna do a sunset dinner.

We didn't eat at Xtabi but did drinks and swam one sunset. We're staying there in June amd will eat there at least once i'm sure.

New for us this year was Sunday Night Bonfire at the Westender Inn. HIGHLY recommend this party! Westender is a waaaays past the splitoff on westend rd - take a taxi and see parts of Negril u didn't know existed. Our taxi driver told us I was a very romantic wife for taking my husband there . The bonfire party itself is free but u can buy drinks and dinner. They did a chicken or fish with barious side for about $14us and the food was sooo good. The bonfire is HUGE- they light it between 7-730. We went around 545 for sunset and left after we ate, prob around 9pm. The party was really just getting started then. The Westender property is majestic. The peoplenwho work there were all very lovely. I can't wait to visit for Bonfire Sunday again!
    Last edited by Ever72; 02-18-2017 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Typo