Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd thoughts on Travellers

User Info Menu

2nd thoughts on Travellers

We are booked for 3 nights at Travellers in April. After reading endless reviews and forum postings on TA I am having second thoughts. A lot of the posts are saying that the hotel is not in a great location for bars/restaurants.

What say you? Should I back away from the computer and just go with the flow, or do you have another place that you think would be better in the same price range. ($86 US per night)

The only "plans" we have while staying there is to walk the beach, visit the beach bars, check out Drifters, and have dinner at Three Dives.

Thanks!!
    [=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Re: 2nd thoughts on Travellers

IMO, I would go with the flow- It's how to make your trip. As long as its got good beds, good ac, I'm good. It's just a place to sleep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Thanks! That is kind of my thought as well.. It is our first adventure outside of the AI resorts, for a few days anyways. I want to make the most of it!!
    [=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

AI is quite different from "the beach".
    Still that looks like a great location for covering the beach.
    You're close to downtown for snacks, booze and cambio, and you should be able to cover the whole beach from there if you don't mind walking.
    That rug really tied the room together.

User Info Menu

I say go with the flow. I stayed there in October. I would definitely stay there again.

User Info Menu

we have stayed there twice and like it for its location. It is close to the town end of the beach so you can walk to town if you like or if all you want is the beach then its a great starting point each day. the possibilities are endless.

User Info Menu

We stayed there 2 years ago and agree that it's a great location to explore the beach, especially if you love to walk the beach (as we do).

We decided to move to a bit more central location (Palms) because of our now 7 year old. It was kind of a hassle at times getting him motivated to walk 20 min to Kuyaba for breakfast, or whatever. We didn't care for the restaurant/bar at Travellers. Again, this is no big deal to us. There are a million good options, but moving the boy could be an issue at times.

User Info Menu

I would just keep your reservation. It's three nights and will give you a different perspective on the beach and roundabout.

While it is "far" from some of the more frequented spots on the beach, most people don't mind a walk during the day.

I would very strongly recommend you take a taxi to and from the hotel anytime after sunset. It's kind of a "dead spot" in the road with very few businesses and the lighting is basically non-existent at night.

I would also say to take a taxi pretty much anywhere else on the beach road at night, so in that sense, it really doesn't matter where you are staying since you'll want a taxi to any hotel on the beach anyway.

User Info Menu

Travellers is in a great location for bars/restaurants. It is on the beach with lots of places to the north on the beach, and then you have the roundabout and the cliffs to the south.

User Info Menu

TBR ..is a good spot to try for a non AI .. experience.
    lots of places within walking distance ...i.e..>the bank and the beer store.Security is good ,staff great and it really is a jamaican resort