Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How much do you budget?

User Info Menu

Re: How much do you budget?

We budget $250 a day. This includes private car round trip airport transfer, food (moderate), booze (lots), tips, a couple trinkets, and an excursion or 2. Always have a little left over. Air and hotel separate.
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Air, hotel, food and fun we usually budget about $5000 for 8-10 days.

This year we are staying at GP and the fololowing is our break down:
    GP 8 nights $2100
    Flights $1000
    Spending $1300

Total $4400 but I do have extra to pull out with ATM if needed

User Info Menu

I usually come alone and meet up with people there. Outside of trip cost and transfer, I usually budget 200 a day..,that is for food, taxis, booze, subs, etc....some days less, some more... that's factoring in a tour and other outings like glass bottom boat, concerts, tipping and any other incremental expenses. Yeah, can be done for less if I tried but I'm on vacation

User Info Menu

Bottom line is there's a big range, you can eat cheap box lunches, patties, use your own booze, etc on one end to eating lobster out every night and paying for excursions, boat rides.

User Info Menu

Lobster every night...? Maybe every third night...oh yea!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Georgie View Post
    Lobster every night...? Maybe every third night...oh yea!
    You haven't met my wife, she can't resist. I prefer things more interesting.

User Info Menu

Had a perfectly cooked lobster a the SPA Retreat on the West End...Dec 1.

User Info Menu

I usually budget $100/day for food and drink for myself while in Negril. I had that budget for 10 days in early Dec and came home with about $100 in my pocket. I would say half the nights I do a cheap & easy meal , like at Best of the West. The other nights I went to nicer places. I also buy Rum and Coke, Stripes at Mikey's stand to take down to the beach during the day to ease the cost during the week (saving the bar drinks for night time). Since I tend to book trips a half a year in advance, the costs are seasonal (since flight/hotel get jacked in the winter season vs off season) and I don't really have a budget for that since they're paid for so far ahead (put it on a credit card and pay it off). But all that said, Off Season I figure about $1000 flight/hotel staying at whitesands off season and $1400 flight/hotel during the winter season for 8 nights there.
    Last edited by ukran1ans; 01-19-2017 at 09:37 AM.

User Info Menu

I would put us in the $250 to $300 a day range but most trips we come home with 2 or 3 hundred left.Buy beers and booze for the room and for around the pool sometimes but we spend lots of time on the move buying drinks all over Negril and on the westend.Of coarse we have to party on the one love bus each trip also!

Had to edit to add that we do start partying by 10:ish every day and many mornings our Bed time is between 2 and 4am,that does raise the cost just a bit!
    Last edited by billndonna; 01-19-2017 at 09:12 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonguy823 View Post
    I usually come alone and meet up with people there. Outside of trip cost and transfer, I usually budget 200 a day..,that is for food, taxis, booze, subs, etc....some days less, some more... that's factoring in a tour and other outings like glass bottom boat, concerts, tipping and any other incremental expenses. Yeah, can be done for less if I tried but I'm on vacation
    Timmy, are those ham or turkey subs ??? hehe