Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fun Holiday

User Info Menu

Fun Holiday

We werent planning on going to Negril this year but now they have direct flights from our home town and there are some great deals and its hard to stay away especially with the winter we have been having. We have never been the ai type but spent two weeks at merrills 2 last year and had a great time. If we do end up going this year it looks like it will be for 1 week at Fun Holiday and i was wondering if any boardies have stayed there in the past and how they liked it. We never expect much from anyplace we stay in Negril and arent really pickey. Just happy to be there and soak up the sun and cool vibes. I am assuming since it is a budget ai hotel it would be similar to Merrills 2 and that is just fine by us. Look forward to hearing from others who have stayed there in the past. Thanks for any info any of you may have

User Info Menu

Re: Fun Holiday

Well. a bunch of the boardies had late night porch parties there last April during boardie week, and they didn't kick us out, so they can't be all bad !!

User Info Menu

Stayed there in Feb 2015 and did not use their "all inclusive" option. Based on your expectations, you'll find it fits your needs quite well.

Here are a few photos of the resort for you:

https://craig123.us.quickconnect.to/...share/tWjRJI8p
    Last edited by Craig123; 01-17-2017 at 09:20 AM.

User Info Menu

I stayed there solo a few years ago. It was OK. Very basic. There are other hotels in the price range that are preferable, if AI isn't necessary.

User Info Menu

It's just your average beach hotel in negril... nothing special but the important things are cleanliness and good security which it has...good central location... I'd very clear of the AI, though... not worth it... who wants to drink Red Stripe draft anyway? Even worse in an 8 oz plastic cup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonguy823 View Post
    It's just your average beach hotel in negril... nothing special but the important things are cleanliness and good security which it has...good central location... I'd very clear of the AI, though... not worth it... who wants to drink Red Stripe draft anyway? Even worse in an 8 oz plastic cup
    We love the Red Stripe draft...better than the bottle! You can always use a bubba mug.

User Info Menu

We stayed there the last two years. The staff are great, rooms are clean, but far from fancy. The food was not all that great the year before last but last year it was pretty good. We ate alot at places up and down the beach the year the food was mediocre, but last year we ate mostly at Fun Holiday. The value for what we spent to stay there both years was well worth it. It is basic but if your on a budget it is a great spot as long as you aren't expecting a Sandals. This year we decided to do the Grand Pineapple, I hope it is worth the extra money :-). We leave for Negril on Saturday.

User Info Menu

Thank you for the input everyone. Clean and safe is all that really matters to us and i dont mind red stripe draft but i can also drink lots of rum drinks and buy some red strip bottles for the room like i did last year at merrills. Dont usually do all inclusive but i live in northern ontario and its only $1195 per person including airport transfers and taxes for 7 days ai and considering we werent e en planning on going this years its hard to pass up a cheap 7 days in Negril . The flight alone from here to toronto and then to montego bay and back usually runs us about $800 so the extra $400 canadian each for the rides to and from negril plus a room, food and drinks is hard to pass up plus we wont feel so guilty when we go eat and drink a few times at some of our fav places

User Info Menu

I've been tempted to try them out but I cant get over how close the balconies are and I am one who utilize my balcony so doesn't work for me.
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

I stayed in June.

My number one complaint was that the walls in my room were so incredibly thin that the neighbors might as well have been in the room with me. It looked like the room was actually open concept, like a suite, and they decided to close up the "hole" and make two rooms.

One small incident with the shower, One morning I had virtually no water stream and had to take a washcloth bath.

I did not choose the AI option. I did purchase breakfast buffet one day and did not find the value for the price I paid, $12 I think.

And a side note about the Red Stripe... Perhaps it was because of the off season, although there were enough people staying there, but they were serving Red Stripe out of larger, 40 oz style bottles- and YES.. into plastic cups. The AI is not worth the money to me but I didn't eat lunch or dinner there. I bought some vodka and ting at the shop for about $12 I think. I did ask for ice from the bartender on occasion and tipped him.

Overall, I don't think I'll be staying there again. I got the room for $59 a night and I feel like I got what I paid for. I'm usually pretty easy going, but the thin walls will probably prevent me from going back.