Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Booking your place to stay in Negril....

User Info Menu

Re: Booking your place to stay in Negril....

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    I try to use my trusted travel agent … first is in case there is some issue when you are out of the country; you can get help. They have very valuable connections and can give informed options. Second reason is that they can find deals when you book a package (hotel, air, car rental, transfers). They do get alerts of deals for last minute travellers. They network with agents around the world. I could not even come close when I looked at air and hotel last visit. Of course, they often do have arrangements with certain hotel chains. I find the fee nominal; get your health insurance all at the same time as well. My few cents.
    I second this...!
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

This past trip I looked at a third party booking site (Expedia) where I got cash back and cheaper prices than on the hotel web site (I did use it to book the flights and got cash back via ebates).

I emailed the hotel owner and he matched the price AND upgraded us to a nicer room for me booking directly with him instead.

Win/win.

User Info Menu

For Jamaica, I work with hotel directly because I keep a relationship with them - I'll reserve for next year when I check in this year.

For other travel, I'll get quotes both direct and from on-line sites.

User Info Menu

in the 90s and early 2000s i would call hotels directly, but since the mid 2000s i email hotels directly.

specific to negril, i always go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth via email with the rude receptionists at xtabi (the only hotel i really stay in in negril, since 1995) and they always screw up my reservation.

i tried in december to book xtabi for february and they were so unpleasant i just gave up and emailed alfred's ocean palace and bernard saulter, who owns cottages near seagrape (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/15806208). both were so pleasant that i'm tempted to stop bothering with xtabi.

i also reached out to catcha gardens via email and they were SO nice and helpful.

User Info Menu

I have used Onestop and boy they came I handy. Got to our hotel to find it was overbooked, and there were 12 of us requiring 6 paid for beach front rooms. Called bob and Susan, they were onsite in5 minutes and got us put up in a great place, safe and with full AI for the night, and then back at our original hotel the next day with room credits for all and our beachfront rooms as ordered. They are more than willing to go the extra mile, and they are just really great people all round. Have also done the returning guest at the same hotel discount. Whatever works and makes you happy, well, then it works, right! Life can be short so live for today with an eye for tomorrow and no time to look back��
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley