Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Red Stripe in U.S. - Made in Jamaica

User Info Menu

Red Stripe in U.S. - Made in Jamaica

Has anyone else tried the Red Stripe in the U.S. now that its made in Jamaica? Is it just me? It does NOT taste like the brew I drink in Jamaica? The bottles are smaller, 11.2 oz. Are the Red Stripe bottles in Jamaica smaller now too?

User Info Menu

Re: Red Stripe in U.S. - Made in Jamaica

The bottles here are currently 341ml (approx. 11.5oz)...they changed a few years ago from 355ml (approx. 12oz).

User Info Menu

Hey Kritter....I cannot comment about the current U.S. RS , as I have not tried it. Now, I'm just sayin'...maybe to cure your taste bud problem, you need to get to Jamaica {Negril} ASAP!

User Info Menu

Rocknrollfarmer, you are absolutely right ..... Will do just that!
    Thank you Bnewb ... disappointing to hear the bottles are getting smaller in Jamaica too.
    What about the alcohol content? This U.S. Redstripe is 4.7% ..... What is the Redstripe in Jamaica???

Administrator

User Info Menu

Red Stripe is 4.7%.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob .... good to know. I just didn't feel like I was getting drunk fast enough. Was starting to panic. Must be the smaller bottles.
    Sorry about your Mom; its never the same once you become an orphan

User Info Menu

i split my time between the u.s. and haiti and the local beer, prestige, that we drink in port au prince tastes very different than the imported-from-haiti version that we can buy in brooklyn. i'm pretty sure it's because they have to adapt the formula to meet fda standards in the u.s. i do have a feeling it has to do with the brewing method more than the ingredients list.

similarly, you can't buy jamaican craven a's anymore, because the paper they use doesn't meet us safety standards.

i haven't noticed much of a difference in taste with the red stripes we buy here in ny so i'll have to pay better attention next time we buy a six pack.

User Info Menu

The imports are MUCH better than the crap that was produced in the US the last 4 years. Still the best are in Ja.

User Info Menu

I have been waiting for the real stripe and finally found some last night in Fargo..slammed two down and yes..wayyyy better then the fake stuff made in USA...but only sold in six packs here

User Info Menu

I knew fargoman would chime in on this very important issue. There you have it folks...kinda like a "stamp of approval". Thanks fargoman. YAMON'