Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Coffee Question...

User Info Menu

Re: Coffee Question...

I buy my blue mountain coffee from LaToya at Blue Mountain coffee shop across from Alfreds. She has it for $20 a pound and it comes in half pound vacuum packs. Tastes great.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stoners6 View Post
    I buy my blue mountain coffee from LaToya at Blue Mountain coffee shop across from Alfreds. She has it for $20 a pound and it comes in half pound vacuum packs. Tastes great.
    It's not real blue mountain for that price, probably high mountain.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stoners6 View Post
    If you like it then its a good deal. I would just understand that it is likely High Mountain for that price and hopefully being sold to you accurately.

User Info Menu

What is the difference between blue mountain and high mountain? Noticeable taste difference?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by never2many View Post
    What is the difference between blue mountain and high mountain? Noticeable taste difference?
    It was discussed in this thread but the difference is where exactly the bean is grown, ie; elevation/location and branding. Some folks will say they can discern a difference, others will say they cannot. I have heard some say they prefer the cheaper High Mountain to the more expensive Blue Mountain, although it is typically vice versa.

JBM is typically smoother which is attributed to the elevation of 2000 ft in the Blue Mountain range. HM can be a bit more bitter with various tastes as it can be grown anywhere.

And this can all be pure opinion, I have had instant coffee in Negril and it tasted amazing while looking out over the sea!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
    It's not real blue mountain for that price, probably high mountain.
    Definitely high mountain. It's not possible to buy authentic Blue Mountain for that price. Just isn't possible, even green unroasted beans go for more than that.
    Also, Thunder sells high mountain, regardless of whatever he tells anyone. He also burns the crap out of it, which destroys the flavor, and the caffeine. Blue Mountain should be a light/medium roast, always.
    Also also, I wouldn't recommend buying it online, as it tends to be from the previous year, or outright expired.

There is much better coffee out there, for far less money than you pay for JBM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Definitely high mountain. It's not possible to buy authentic Blue Mountain for that price. Just isn't possible, even green unroasted beans go for more than that.
    Also, Thunder sells high mountain, regardless of whatever he tells anyone. He also burns the crap out of it, which destroys the flavor, and the caffeine. Blue Mountain should be a light/medium roast, always.
    Also also, I wouldn't recommend buying it online, as it tends to be from the previous year, or outright expired.

There is much better coffee out there, for far less money than you pay for JBM.
    Agreed.
    I found some supposedly JBM at One Mile for about $30pp and was told there's no way it's real at that price. Wallenford Estates at the airport was pushing $50pp this year. When JBM was $15, we used to bring 10-20# back, not any more.

User Info Menu