Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheese cake

User Info Menu

Cheese cake

Can the lady at country western make a cheese cake ? If not any where in negril ?

User Info Menu

Re: Cheese cake

You will find that cheesecake in Negril is not like here (Can/US). It is more like a frozen mousse. But it is good. Ask around because some restaurants do sell it.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

I had some excellent cheesecake at Swordfish restaurant a couple nights ago. They seem to have a nice variety of desserts.

User Info Menu

yeah Jamaican Cheesecake is much different than our N American cheesecakes.....
    figure a slice gonna cost you anywhere from $250J to $500J.....
    personally mi like Hammonds Bakery Cheesecake about the best....
    the bakery/coffee shop at Times Square has good cheesecake when they have it......
    if you have a real bad sweet tooth.....sweets are pretty hard to find since very likkle sugar is used in the baking here......
    sweetest cakes here are like the Fruit Cakes.......but Carrot Cake and Chocolate Cake not really that sweet tasting...

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Oh Marko - your sweet tooth has let you down! :-) Patsy's or Connie Country Western Pub have good desserts. I just had a decadent piece of chocolate cake from Patsy's that was just like home in sweetness. And Connie's Red Velvet is to die for. Both West End.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    yeah Jamaican Cheesecake is much different than our N American cheesecakes.....
    figure a slice gonna cost you anywhere from $250J to $500J.....
    personally mi like Hammonds Bakery Cheesecake about the best....
    the bakery/coffee shop at Times Square has good cheesecake when they have it......
    if you have a real bad sweet tooth.....sweets are pretty hard to find since very likkle sugar is used in the baking here......
    sweetest cakes here are like the Fruit Cakes.......but Carrot Cake and Chocolate Cake not really that sweet tasting...

Cool Runnings, Marko

User Info Menu

Any body know it cream cheese is available in Negril?

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    Any body know it cream cheese is available in Negril?

Cap
    Yes, we have cream cheese...but supply can get low/hard to find during busy season...flavoured cream cheese seems to be readily available all year long.

User Info Menu

I have an oven now and I'm going to carry a spring form ... I've got a great NY cheesecake recipe ...

Mango compote reduction for topping.....

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Thanks. Where is Patsy's?

User Info Menu

the bakery at the far end of times square has excellent, american style cheese cake.
    you can also order the whole thing.