Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your tradition... "the nite before we leave"

User Info Menu

Red face What is your tradition... "the nite before we leave"

Our everyone comes over 2 days before we leave have a party young and old. We usually stay at Dury Inn & Suites near the airport in San Antonio. Let our kids swim have fun in the pool. My wife and I have a "few drinks". Just looking up in the sky watching planes leave the airport and say.. That will be us soon in the air!! Jaming to my reggae watching the kids have fun in the pool. Then we go over and make sure everything is there in place or if we forgot anything. Passports checked and put in the carry on backpack. Crash around midnight for the 4 :30 am wake up. Dude, that's when we JUMP out of bed!!! go through the room for the last time and jump on the shuttle. Get to the airport and the VIBE HITS!!! In a few hours we will be back "home in Jamaica"!! Place ear buds in CRANK IT UP the reggae and head the plane SOUTH!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Re: What is your tradition... "the nite before we leave"

go to sleep early, since we're always on a flight that leaves at 6:30am.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mwenvlay View Post
    go to sleep early, since we're always on a flight that leaves at 6:30am.
    My answer also. Our airport shuttle picks us up at 2:30am I will hardly sleep. Hit the plane take a Xanax crash wake up in Ja all rested and ready to go hard for 15 days
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

we're flying first class this trip so i will be that person asking for a gin and tonic before 7am. no shame.

Quote Originally Posted by takinitslow View Post
    My answer also. Our airport shuttle picks us up at 2:30am I will hardly sleep. Hit the plane take a Xanax crash wake up in Ja all rested and ready to go hard for 15 days

User Info Menu

Shower about 7:00pm. Then bed by 8:00. Up at 3:00am for my taxi at 4:00. I don't really sleep though.It makes for a long day since I fly to Toronto and then Negril.
    You'd think that after all my trips I'd be more relaxed - doesn't happen.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

The goal is to finish packing early, confirm ride to airport, make sure pet sitter knows what to do and THEN get to bed early.

What actually happens is some last minute shopping at various stores for clothes, toiletries and whatever that some how were forgotten!! Call Driver for ride to Airport and he says "didn't you book for next week??" Thank God for Uber!! Next is a call to the Pet Sitter who now tells me she can only cover 4 of the 7 days "Sorry"!! The last minute scramble to get everything done usually ends up with getting to bed well after midnight and then lie in bed and worry about what I forgot to do before we leave. Up at 4am for the ride to the airport and battle with TSA. Once on the plane all is good!

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Lay in bed all night wishing I could sleep but can't.

User Info Menu

Drive from Wisconsin to Illinois ~ Holiday Inn Suites Rosemont (Stay/Park/Fly) ~ dinner at Harry Caray's
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

My tradition and goal is to be done packing everything except electronics and last minute things I might remember the night before (Bags sitting at the door) so I can enjoy a candlelight bubble bath with wine and dancehall music while reminiscing all the fun to be had in the next few hours as I'm usually heading out at 4:00am with carryon in tote TSA approved off to dutyfree then the closest coffee shop and off to my gate put on my earphones until its time to board next stop Jamaica mon!
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Well on my annual Nov/Dec Trip, I cook the bird and all the fixings for the family on TurkeyDay. Boot them out with all the leftovers around 9pm, Finish cleaning up, put the last few things in the carry-ons and hit the Hay. On Black Friday I get up to the alarm around 3:30am to shower, taxi picks me up at 4am. On the plane between 5:30-6am, Landing at MoBay around noon and usually cracking my first Strip at the airport soon after!

Last edited by ukran1ans; 02-14-2017 at 04:41 PM.