Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 single guys 1st trip

User Info Menu

Re: 2 single guys 1st trip

There use to be a list that I have seen posted every now and then listing all the bars along the beach and west end and when their happy hours are. I'll see if I can find it.

User Info Menu

This is 5 years old so I cannot verify if it is still accurate but I hope it helps.

White Sands 2 for 1 drink specials till 4PM
    Legends and SamSara Happy Hour 4 - 7PM
    YellowBird Happy Hour 4 to sunset on da beach
    Rockhouse 6-7pm
    SeaStar Inn Happy Hour 4-6pm
    Canoe Happy Hour 2-6pm - 2 for 1 Red Stripes $200J's
    Coco LaPalm 2 for one Happy Hour from 5 to 7 every night but Monday

User Info Menu

Be sure to check out the Jungle night club, walk the beach and check out all of the bars during the day. Spend an afternoon on the west end. Dinner at De Bar for jerk chicken is awesome. Canoe is a fun place for happy hour as well.

User Info Menu

Thursday night at the Jungle. Wear your big boy pants.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by halfwaytree View Post
    White Sands 2 for 1 drink specials till 4PM
    I believe the correct White Sands deal is "two drinks for one price" ......... not exactly a 2 for 1 bargain but still cheaper then buying two at regular prices. Every day is a different drink. Someone has to have a photo of the daily drink menu.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Oil View Post
    I believe the correct White Sands deal is "two drinks for one price" ......... not exactly a 2 for 1 bargain but still cheaper then buying two at regular prices. Every day is a different drink. Someone has to have a photo of the daily drink menu.
    Almost every "2 for 1" deal is like that, like the Canoe lobster night. 2 for one price, not 2 for the price of 1. Like you said, still a fair deal. White Sands with tip is usually about $1000J for two

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
    Almost every "2 for 1" deal is like that, like the Canoe lobster night. 2 for one price, not 2 for the price of 1. Like you said, still a fair deal. White Sands with tip is usually about $1000J for two
    Lobster dinner deals are more common this way...but I've only seen White Sands offer a 2 for one price on drinks.

Bourbon Beach, Dru's at Waves Beach Park, Drifter's during their shows, Canoe...all offer beer bucket specials.

User Info Menu

Should we change money? Are credit cards accepted ? Thanks again. Great info!

User Info Menu

Yes and yes...

I'd exchange to Jamaica dollars. Not sure where you're from, but US dollars are widely accepted, and I believe CAD are too, there are many reasons to exchange- primarily, you are in jamaica, so use Jamaican dollars.

While credit cards are widely accepted at many hotels, restaurants, and bars, credit card fraud is a ceoncern, as it is everywhere, so be certain to ensure your credit card has a zero or limited liability policy in case of fraud, and be sure to monitor your statements carefully for many months.

I prefer to use cash whenever possible. I have not had any problems using the scotia bank ATM at the roundabout to withdraw cash. That said, you could have the similar fraud concerns wi an ATM machine, so monitor closely if you must use a credit or debit card of any sort.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

don't believe anyone mentioned this but from personal experience and having traveled to negril solo in my 20's , you will have lots of girlfriends if you choose. don't lose control unless you have left ur jewlry and most of your cash at home .