Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 single guys 1st trip

User Info Menu

2 single guys 1st trip

Hello everyone,
    Me and a buddy are coming to negril for the first time on Sunday . We are staying at the sandy have resort . I just booked the bar crawl. We are going on Tuesday . Where else should we go? Dinner? Happy hour? Should we stay at our hotel during the day? Are their other beaches to go to? We are i our 30's. Very excited to get out I the cold. Thanks

User Info Menu

Re: 2 single guys 1st trip

Heck no!, just don't stay at the resort!! GO out and see the real beauty of Jamaica!! Dinner try the Quality Sea breeze across from Canoe. Bar crawl is a MUST!!! There are plenty of Negril.com people there now , some are about to head out this weekend. Try out Mayfield Falls. Hire a driver and just GO!! (do you have a driver?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

isn't sandy haven a hotel? as compared to a resort?

User Info Menu

Get out as much as you can. Try as many bars and restruants as you can and get away from negril and go to one of the waterfalls or other attractions at least once. Negril is great but there is so much more to see that lets you experience more of the culture and beauty of Jamaica. Just use common sence as to not put yourself in situations that you wouldnt put yourself in at home and do it safely. To many people never venture out from where they stay and have no idea what they are missing out on. Jamaica is a beautyfull country and most of the people there are really friendly and kind. Enjoy it, respect it and take in as much as you can and you most likely want to return as often as you can. Some of my best days in Jamaica were days i just went off with no particular destination in mind and no expectations and had ended up having a wonderfull time

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    isn't sandy haven a hotel? as compared to a resort?

http://www.sandyhavenresort.com/
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Things I like to do in Negril, or things I want to do, or things I did once and am glad I did:

live music and dancehall djs: Boat Bar, Woodstock, Drifter's, Alfred's, Roots Bamboo, Bourbon Beach, the Jungle, SeaStar Inn, etc

half day trips: Half Moon Beach, Blue Hole

day trips: Mayfield Falls, YS Falls, Floyd's Pelican Bar

Eats and Drinks: too many to mention! Just wander until you find a spot to settle in for a little while, or a grab and go brew

try it once: Rick's Cafe- it's an overpriced tourist trap, but worth one stop. If it's not your scene, just wander up the road a bit and find a quieter place like LTU pub. Also, if you like the scene, Margaritaville draws a good crowd- find out when they are hosting parties, I think I read it's Fridays

snorkel the cliffs, take a boat ride, walk the beach, get some touristy souvenirs, volunteer at the St Anthony's kitchen, play pool, play dominoes... relax!

the One Love Bus is fantastic!

Be sure to get out and about. It's smart to take a taxi at night. Exchange cash. Have a blast!
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

sandy haven is in a perfect spot.....when you get there look? ...ask for pops?...he i s awesome..
    sun beach is right next door
    good choice
    chheerrss

User Info Menu

most of the action for you young bucks happens after 11pm at night on the beach/beach road........
    so go get your PM naps in.....and then head out and see the real wild wild Negril.......

Ladies Night on Thursday Night is a must for you two......and hit Bourbon Beach any night.....you guys will have a blast!

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone

User Info Menu

Tony, listen to marko, he nah steer ya wrong....I'm booking my trip as we speak.