Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Drag Racing at JamWest on the 26th!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Drag Racing at JamWest on the 26th!

For something different to do while in Negril, try a day at the track at JamWest!

Name:  IMG_1259.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  108.4 KB
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Drag Racing at JamWest on the 26th!

Whoever is in Negril this weekend, grab your driver and head out to JamWest!! Make a day of it!! We went 2 years ago, it was a BLAST!! 1st time we tried cow skin soup. That was GOOOOODDDD!!! Action packed day! Music blasting, car blasting by, Red Stripes flowing good! People cheering on the drivers. JamWest was PACKED that day. My boy and I will NEVER forget that day. Met new friends there. We got a pit pass, went into the pits checked out the cars and making due of what they got to work with on there cars. I got asked to make a few passes, but I started real early that day on the Red Stripes that day, so I passed. So the younger driver asked me to go with him. He is the one that asked me if I wanted to run his car. So I pulled out my tablet a videoed the passes we made. After a fun full day meet was over. So we left, so a few fellow racers broken down and others pulled over to help them out. It's a nice drive out there. GO out there for a change of pace. It's a GREAT time!! You NOT be disappointed!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

How often do they have Drag Racing there.........We were there in early Feb and I didn't see any info...........

Administrator

User Info Menu

Jamwest Speedway will be hosting their first event on the 2017 race calendar. “Drag Fury” is geared towards giving drivers the opportunity to race on a track instead of the road. Drivers can exploit the real power of their cars and settle friendly rivalries for bragging rights. Classes will be from 7 second to 15 second on the quarter mile.

The event will be held this Sunday February 26th, 2017 but the track will be open on Saturday for last minute test and tunes. It is the perfect family fun day because their is entertainment for the entire family. If the kids don’t want to watch motorsports, they can hang out by the adventure park where special rates will be provided for that day.

The Skyline GTRs will be coming out, Chevrolet Camaro, Mustangs and many more exciting cars. Alex’s Imports “Wassy bikes” will be presenting a special bike taxi circuit race as entertainment during the event, in addition a face off will take place between Kingston and Westmoreland bike stunters.

Major improvement has been made on the old hope road leading down to Jamwest so the time to get their is even shorter. Jamwest has the perfect and best facilities for the entire family.

Name:  C79EE7B72D73416AA58918645E0F972F.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  95.3 KB
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Looks like LOTS of improvements since we was there 2 years ago. Seems like 10 years ago though! If you are in town, get out there early and check out some local drag racing! It's a time you will never forget. FOOD,FUN,GOOD TUNE playing, friendly locals having fun as well! COLD Red Stripe too!! GO and check it out!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Rob, I checked out the website and Facebook pages for JamWest but didn't see a calendar of events. You say the race on Feb 26th is the first of the 2017 race calendar... but is there really a calendar? Meaning, do they already have events and other dates planned? Or is this a more typical "lets see how this goes before we plan another?" I would love to go but won't be in town until April.

User Info Menu

Sam I Am, I emailed them for there dates and they sent me there drag racing meet dates but I don't have them. Here is there email address info@jamwest.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Don't forget this weekends meet at JamWest!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Alright, TOMORROW is the DAY!!! Who is going to make the meet on Sunday? Get there early and everything usually winds down after 4ish. I'm telling you it's will be a BLAST!! Buy a pit pass get in the pits and be almost hands on with the racers and there crews! ("the pits" is where you buy a "pit pass", with that pit pass you can go into the pits with the racers and there machines. It's like a perk, besides having just a general admission pass. So with a pit pass, you can go back and fourth from the "pits" and the spectator side freely) So call your driver, I'm pretty sure he would be really willing to go to with ya! Grab your camera and JA money and GO!!! We got there around 10ish am. You can't beat the entertainment for the price! When ya get back, you will be ready to take a dip in the watta!! Much Respect!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]