Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cocolapalm

User Info Menu

Cocolapalm

I am curious as to the difference between deluxe and superior rooms at coco.
    I was told that the main difference was superior has 2 queen beds and a coffee maker and all of them are on the ground floor whereas deluxe has one king with no coffee maker. Both have fridges and safes.
    Does anyone know the room numbers of the 4 superiors on coco's property? And if what they told me is accurate?
    Does anyone have recommendation as to the best rooms and their numbers (other than the 4 beachfront rooms which are pricey)?
    I appreciate anyone's input.
    Thanks!

User Info Menu

Re: Cocolapalm

I have stayed many times at Coco..just got back yesterday. I like the 300 and 400 block of numbers..I just stayed in the superior. The 200 block are close to road and pretty noisy. There really isn't much of a difference between the rooms other then the 2 versus 1 bed...unless you need 2 beds..stick with the deluxe as you will still have your patio..I stayed in 411 last week..it was by the gazebo and pool. There really is no room that is more then a 30-45 second walk to the beach..hope that helps

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by roz View Post
    I am curious as to the difference between deluxe and superior rooms at coco.
    I was told that the main difference was superior has 2 queen beds and a coffee maker and all of them are on the ground floor whereas deluxe has one king with no coffee maker. Both have fridges and safes.
    Does anyone know the room numbers of the 4 superiors on coco's property? And if what they told me is accurate?
    Does anyone have recommendation as to the best rooms and their numbers (other than the 4 beachfront rooms which are pricey)?
    I appreciate anyone's input.
    Thanks!
    Yes, it's true about the Deluxe & Superior rooms but they all have coffee makers...and one other thing some of the Deluxe rooms in the new 3 story building which looks like a hotel (IMO) with long hallways something I particular don't like I prefer the old section. Sorry I dont have the room numbers I just can identify my favorite Junior suite..lol...
    I'm sure others will chime in.
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

We stayed in the newly constructed Coco Suites last year and enjoyed the room (and we will be there in 13 days, but who's counting). I believe the Coco Suites are all on the top floor of the new building directly behind the Owner's Suite and Beachfront rooms.

User Info Menu

In the superior rooms you also get a sink, counter space and a covered porch. Sorry, can't remember the room numbers but I prefer the rooms near the gazebo.

User Info Menu

Roz,

Follow this link for a Resort Map of Coco La Palm:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/47194217/cclp-map

Coco La Palm is a great place to stay!

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Thanks vvht that visual layout was helpful.
    I must admit I felt disappointed with my room location...busy, noisy, felt like I was in a fishbowl...and both times I approached front desk about moving into another spot they didn't accommodate me even when my neighbors were given an option. The grounds are lovely and security is good but I don't feel it was worth the money spent and I don't think I'll opt to stay here again, all things considered.

Thanks to everyone else for your thoughts!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    ..I stayed in 411 last week..it was by the gazebo and pool.
    Looking at Coco for a summer trip. Their website doesn't indicate they have a pool .... but they do? Is it a good sized pool?

User Info Menu

There are two nice sized pools..one in the middle of the property..one ocean front..

User Info Menu

Angry Re: Cocolapalm

Coco is an awesome place to stay.

I do have one HUGE complaint. We booked our rooms about 2 months before the trip. The website showed no rooms available so I called. They had two rooms available for more than $300 each, we took them.

Those same rooms can be booked right now for less than $200 at the same time next year.

While we were there another friend inquired about a room. At first they said they had rooms available for $160/night, 10 minutes later they told my friend that they had no vacancies.

Seems they have quite the floating room rates. I will certainly look elsewhere next year.