Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Takin' the Newbies along Part 2 - a trip report

User Info Menu

Re: Takin' the Newbies along Part 2 - a trip report

Hey Jenn, thanks for your report. We met last year at Travellers painting blocks! From mid Michigan but sorry to say we had to pass on trip this year..... first time in 8 years. Looking forward to more pictures and more report��

User Info Menu

Hey Jahmyheart - thanks! I remember! I'm sorry you had to pass on your trip this year - maybe next year we'll meet up again!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Day 2 in Negril:
    So...a rough start for me. Remember we were supposed to go to Calico Jack's today. Not going to happen and I'm bummed. This was Brian's regret last year - not going. So on top of not feeling well - I feel bad that we aren't doing the ONE thing he wants to do. Amy *not so gently* reminded me that we weren't leaving the next day! haha Not really hungry - too much rum and fun yesterday. Ah well, the sea is the magical cure. Whether I'm in it or looking at it...I just feel better. Mid afternoon, we wandered over to Sunnyside for a bit of the hair o' the dog. Tom and Amy decided to head down the beach for massages. Meanwhile - we were perfectly comfy with a cold beer and our chairs. Chatted up Jay (who we always see every year) at Sunnyside - back to the water and I am starting to feel human again. Norman comes by and suddenly, I'm starving! He only has one beef patty and veggie patties left. We chatted with him for a bit and he said he was going to get more and would be back, but here's the beef one for hubby. About 30 minutes later he comes back with chicken patties we grab another, pay him, and sit down to enjoy! I can't imagine going to grab food in the US and because they aren't ready give us something without asking for the money (trust me - I asked him 25 times if he wanted me to pay him first - no, no mon....I'll be back) and coming back with food and getting paid. Just doesn't happen at home. Head into the water for another swim and then decide we are going in for another swim. It's hot today. Finally decide we've had enough sun and sea for the day and head in to get showers.

Hit up happy hour at Rooms and decide to walk to Best in the West for dinner. All of our trips to Negril...we've never eaten here. I'm feeling WAY better and with only one patty for the day - I'm hungry! We head down and talk about our plans to go to the Jungle tonight. Collectively we decide we aren't going. Brian and I are feeling better, but why push it? Get down to Best in the West and get seated right away - just after sunset - which was STUNNING.

Name:  IMG_0260.jpg
Views: 983
Size:  93.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0259.jpg
Views: 987
Size:  90.0 KB

Name:  IMG_3445.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  91.7 KB

I ordered chicken - sooo good! The others had pork - also sooo good! They have the funniest menu. 2/3 of the page is drinks and 1/3 of it is food. Our kind of place! One of the drinks - a flaming f&^% caught our eye. We convinced Tom to give it a try - that might have become his new nickname....

Name:  IMG_3313.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  90.1 KB

Finished dinner and headed back down the sidewalk. I've read a lot about Roger's bar here prior to our trip and we happen upon it. Stop for a drink? Why yes, we will. Had a drink at Rogers. What a great little place! We hung out there for awhile then headed back to Sunnyside. I feel like much of this trip is centered on our drinks. It sorta is. I don't drink often at home and I don't drink to excess in Negril....however, I enjoy hanging out and having a drink at lots of different places. So, there. I'm not an alcoholic...it might just seem that way by reading this report! LOL

Hi, my name is Jenn....oh wait, I digress.

Headed over to Sunnyside for a bit - Tom and Amy went along and had a drink then decided they were ready for bed. We stayed longer...and then decided that we weren't quite done with the night.
    Last edited by Jenn; 03-21-2017 at 08:28 PM.

[/url]

User Info Menu

How can you turn your pictures around? They aren't sideways on my computer! Help, please! I don't want you all to get a crick in your neck looking at them.

[/url]

User Info Menu

Thanks for the report, Jenn!

User Info Menu

its easy... i just turn my computer sideways

User Info Menu

Thanks for the report Jenn,please keep it coming!!

User Info Menu

Jenn - so glad hubby is feeling better! And the sunset is beautiful, just what I need on this rainy Tuesday!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    How can you turn your pictures around? They aren't sideways on my computer! Help, please! I don't want you all to get a crick in your neck looking at them.
    Jenn...your first set of pics are right side up...only your pics that you left in the 'manage attachments' box are sideways...when you post pics again, scroll down near the bottom of the screen to the 'manage attachment' box and delete the extra pics.

User Info Menu

Thanks, Lisa. I think I figured it out.

[/url]