Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royalton Reservations

User Info Menu

Royalton Reservations

I know this place is wildly unpopular with many long term visitors. And for pretty good reason IMO. Be that as it may, I was just fooling around on Trivago and was directed to Priceline where I found the option to book a suite there for $52.

https://www.priceline.com/stay/searc...1#ratesSection

Whether I like the place or not, for that price I'd book a room if there was any way I could make the trip. Since I can't, I didn't try to take the process all the way to completion. It's a price so low it seems it must be in error, but I thought I'd post it in case someone can take advantage. (I did try to go in the 'front door' and the cheapest price was the usual $388).
    Last edited by jon c.; 03-20-2017 at 02:48 PM.

User Info Menu

Re: Royalton Reservations

That would be worthwhile deal ! Just checked again the $52 is for October 25-31 2017.

I updated to April dates and the price increased to $518 per night --- Too bad!

User Info Menu

they were suppose to open last Winter.......then this Spring......
    was down there last week and they have a ton of work to go......
    they may or may not be open this coming Winter.....but it Jamaica and wi all know how that goes.......lol

mi stayed at a Secrets suite in Mobay last week but it's $250 a night.....glad mi wasn't paying....lol

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I tried to book out of curiosity. I found dates that work, confirmed all of my info, clicked BOOK only to be told that there has been "a change in availability" LOL!

User Info Menu

Probably because someone decided to post it to the TA forum, where all of the mouth breathing, knuckle draggers reside.

User Info Menu

Probably a data entry mistake. We have a suite at the Point Village and have been following the development of this property closely. Especially every morning when I have to wash the dust off my vehicle and get rid of the caked on clay from the drive up the Rutland Point road. The reason I say it's a mistake is because the cheapest room right now are listed at $550USD per night. That's $3850 per week folks, not including airfare. They still show April 1st for an opening date. They are doing landscaping right now and some pools are starting to be filled with water, so I believe they will be opening in a little over a week.

Actually, there are 3 resorts there. The Royalton Negril, that has the cheap rooms ($550/ night LOL), then the Royalton Hideaway, that is an adults only resort, and then the Grand Lido Negril. Yes, the Grand Lido name lives on. Grand Lido Negril is a high end, white glove butler service, nude or C.O. with 26 high end suites.

http://www.royaltonresorts.com/en/Royalton-Negril.aspx

Can't wait for the construction to end. They have been working into the wee hours of the morning and even 24-7 some nights. Jamaican labor worker have no boundaries and little respect for the residential area some 50 feet away. Of course when the construction ends, then us Point Village people (including families) get to see the naked rear ends of some rich people...yeah

User Info Menu

I thought I would give it a try in hopes that it might go through. Although not our style, for that price I can adjust my style and spend all day on the main beach. Alas it was not to be. Got rejected just like JamaicaJeanne.

User Info Menu

The option only available is for October 25-31 - once you change the dates, it increases the price per night..I 'd take it if it was now LOL

User Info Menu

I had chosen a few days ahead of our already scheduled visit at the end of September. When I put in my dates, it confirmed the price of $52 and gave me a grand total. Then, I confirmed all of my info and clicked book...sorry, no go!
    I agree with you ColdInNB, probably not a place I will ever choose to go, but we felt the same way....for that price we could just simply go chill for a few days and laugh about whatever happens.
    I have no doubt that there was an error and I actually chatted with Priceline's customer service, but I am surprised that the offer is still out there today....yes, I checked LOL!

User Info Menu

Is Royalton the property with new tall ugly concrete buildings being constructed on the beach? I wouldn't go anywhere near that place.