Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today is my Birthday......

User Info Menu

Re: Today is my Birthday......

Quote Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
    Bought some Grace canned ackee (gotta make do) at our Pete's Fresh Market (Chicagoland grocery chain) for $2.49 yesterday. Somehow cheaper than HiLo!
    I'd take it!

My wife and I were sitting in a Jamaican restaurant here a couple weeks ago (Big shout out to Little Negril on South Street!) and we ordered some Sorrel drink. They brought out a couple glass bottles of Grace brand Sorrel. It was delicious! I commented to my wife about how about how I am always impressed with Grace food products.

User Info Menu

I've always looked at the canned ackee and passed it up but really how does it taste?

User Info Menu

Pretty good! Fresh is better, but they do a good job canning it. A little rinse and in the pan it goes. I used to bring cans back but I asked my local grocer to stock it - took a couple months but it is a staple now.

User Info Menu

It was Julianne Brand, both the ackee and calaloo. Not sure where it was purchased or how much it cost. Yes, fresh is better, but this was mighty good. Mike D., we used to be able to buy this at Wegmans, but not sure if they still carry it.
    Regards,
    Bob