Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cookies/Brownies

User Info Menu

Re: Cookies/Brownies

When we were there a couple weeks ago, there was a sign for the Wake 'n Bake on the beach. It was north of Rooms - past Roots, I believe. Somewhere I have a picture...Let me look.

[/url]

User Info Menu

Not sure if this is the same as the one on the West End - but here's the sign.

Name:  wake and bake.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  79.6 KB

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bigbamboo View Post
    I remember Jenny's cakes from back in the day. My first trip there I ordered one cake for me and one for my bud. We ate them (actually choked them down... they were strong). Went to a bar, can't really remember the name, and while ordering beers told the bartender we both had just eaten one of Jenny's cakes. He said "Wow, you two split a cake?!?! They are for four people mon.". I came back to consciousness in front of the Negril Beach Club, no shoes, no sunglasses, and a coke in my hand that the ice had melted in hours ago. Fortunately no sunburn. It was however, difficult explaining to immigration why I was wearing Flip-flops arriving home to Boston in January.
    LOL. Jenny's cakes are legit. Last time I was there she made up some red velvet cakes that were amazing.

OP,
    Take a cab up to Jenny's/C&D bar and grab a few for the week. They are the most consistent product that I have found in Negril. Grab a meal there as her cooking is really good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    LOL. Jenny's cakes are legit. Last time I was there she made up some red velvet cakes that were amazing.

OP,
    Take a cab up to Jenny's/C&D bar and grab a few for the week. They are the most consistent product that I have found in Negril. Grab a meal there as her cooking is really good.
    Usually my second or third stop is at Jenny's, to either grab whatever coconut ginger cake she has on hand, or have them make me one. That stuff is incredible. The red velvet is good too, but the coconut ginger is life changing.

User Info Menu

I know what I'm doing this weekend when I arrive … make painting interesting. Thanks all.

User Info Menu

Wow, reaally helpful. Thank you all!

So Jenny's = Connie's CountryWestern Pub right?

User Info Menu

Correct!!

User Info Menu

I agree that Jenny's/C&D is consistently the best cake around. I actually find the taste to be very pleasant, as well.

Yes, one piece of special cake is enough for 4 people.

User Info Menu

Not only is the shroom place within shouting distance of the police station, the station itself has a bar that is open to the public.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
    Not only is the shroom place within shouting distance of the police station, the station itself has a bar that is open to the public.
    I need to hear more about this. I may have to add this to the list of must see's.