Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cookies/Brownies

User Info Menu

Re: Cookies/Brownies

I think to sum this up, the results vary. Even the edibles here in the states that are bought legally can have highly variable levels of THC, and that is the same product. So to expect that you would receive a precisely measured dose on the island is unlikely to say the least. So there is probably not a best, most potent, etc. I believe it is more of a "your mileage may vary" sort of thing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
    No way Jenny's are for 4 people, my 1st time there I was cautious and only ate half a piece, barely nothing happened so it was a waste since you wait an hour to judge the effect. Every trip since 1 piece = 1 dose.

Bought some good cake (and cheaper) at Sir D's on one of the pub crawls.
    Edibles are very subjective as they affect each individual differently. Has something to do with the way your fat cells absorb the THC. Let's just say that I am very experienced and 1/4th of Connie's cake was potent enough for me and lasted several hours. In fact, after I fell asleep, my wife decided to eat the remaining 1/2 of cake and it was way too much for her. She was convinced that there was some Obeah in that cake.

User Info Menu

I bought a little brownie from the bread man on the beach last year. He said to only eat half, then sit back and "wait for di bus to come". I ate a quarter just to be safe, or so I thought. Well, the bus came and ran over my ass. It was way too strong for me. I haven't done edibles very much. It was enough for me to just concentrate and get through my bus trip 10 seconds at a time. I would then concentrate on the next 10 seconds, etc. On the other hand, alot of the ganja was too weak in my opinion. Having said that, with the changes in the laws, I now feel more comfortable about engaging with the Rastas who sell their product at some of the music venues on the beach at night. They have interesting stories about their product and are wonderful to speak with. This year, I won't buy from the first guys at the hotel to offer it to me. I'll wait until I go to a beach concert and speak with the Rastas.

User Info Menu

I've tried to convince the bread guy that his stuff is too strong and that he would get more repeat sales if he didn't knock people out for 12 hours+. He's more interested in the quick sale than repeat business apparently. I ate a tiny piece last year and had trouble getting up the next morning, but I'm very sensitive to edibles. My wife ate the rest, she's more tolerant, but it was still too much for her. A piece of Jenny's didn't do much at all for her. Years ago, we got a whole cake from someone. Unbeknownst to me, she ate a huge piece before we went out to watch the super bowl somewhere. I could barely get her home. She got made at me for letting her go out in her jammies lol.

User Info Menu

Doc, your bride is a hoot. Hopefully you all will be in Negril next January when we are. We are booked for IA Jan 13-23, 2018.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JahCruiser View Post
    Doc, your bride is a hoot. Hopefully you all will be in Negril next January when we are. We are booked for IA Jan 13-23, 2018.
    Will be bringing the girls earlier this year, going Dec 16-26, back to Nirvana.

User Info Menu

come back in January

User Info Menu

come back in January
    I wish. I still have to work for a living. We'll miss you though

User Info Menu

My boss was saying last night that we need to plan a trip to come visit you all

User Info Menu

My boss was saying last night that we need to plan a trip to come visit you all
    Any time buddy. Pool is nice and warm