Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cookies/Brownies

User Info Menu

Re: Cookies/Brownies

i've never been affected by edibles. i smoke, dab, and vape daily....to good effect...but i've eaten measured doses of up to 100 mgs without noticing any effect. I've yet to determine exactly why this is, but a friend who worked in a dispensary said he encountered people like me, who could take far more than others, and claim there was no effect. Doses that he himself, a seasoned vet, said should level a horse. i did some researxh that seemed to indicate lack of a certain liver enzyeme, but that is far from a definitive disagnosis of why they dont effect some people

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker_420 View Post
    i've never been affected by edibles. i smoke, dab, and vape daily....to good effect...but i've eaten measured doses of up to 100 mgs without noticing any effect. I've yet to determine exactly why this is, but a friend who worked in a dispensary said he encountered people like me, who could take far more than others, and claim there was no effect. Doses that he himself, a seasoned vet, said should level a horse. i did some researxh that seemed to indicate lack of a certain liver enzyeme, but that is far from a definitive disagnosis of why they dont effect some people
    I also have a high tolerance... And never really got anything from edibles... until I started to make my own, gradually stronger and stronger... I also learned about proper decarboxylation.

What I've discovered is I need a dose that would absolutely incapacitate others. I've given away edibles that did nothing to me, to be told they were way too strong and just knocked people on their asses. So now I make a super concentrated tincture, and add maybe 3-5 ml to my coffee. It's enough to make me feel nice, all day. A friend insisted he could handle it, and man, he had a terrible experience, it was way too much.

That being said, I was somewhat impressed with the cookies at Wake and Bake. It was only a couple bucks, and small, and I figured it wouldn't do anything, but it did - had a nice chill mellow feel to it. I bet others would be knocked on their asses.

I just got back from Amsterdam, and ate not one but two spacecakes before getting on the plane. Did nothing.

User Info Menu

2 years ago, we bought a brownie on the beach near Bourbon Beach. Had a little that afternoon, but it was hard to gauge the effects with the jet lag. Next morning we wanted to volunteer at St. Anthony's and did not feel it would have been appropriate to eat the brownie and then participate there. So, we saved it for the next morning. We woke up to thunder and lightening and pouring rain as Hurricane Joaquin was passing by. We ate the brownie before breakfast.....spent the rest of the day sitting at the beach bar patio watching the waves ALL DAY LONG!!! LOL, it was great! Never knew waves could be that interesting!!! We were still feeling it at dinner time and it had been an awesome day!

User Info Menu

I had the Popcorn and a brownie at Wake and Bake in January. Karen is very nice and i LOVED the popcorn. The bag cost $7 but it is a lot of popcorn, more than enuff for a few people to share. Her butter is fantastic. I wasn't sure how much to eat so I started slow with a few pieces and ate a little more every now and then. Kinda hard not to just chow down on an entire delicious package of popcorn, I guess that's the downfall of this edible. I have experience w edibles but I'm always cautious cause I don't want to overdo it (good advice there for most people I suppose!). I found Karen's edibles to be delightful and I hope she is open in June. I had a cake from Jennys back in 09 that didn't do much for me at all. I remember having mushroom tea at Jennys back in 91 Got a little buzz there.

User Info Menu

We will be at Nirvana in February 2018. Is Jenny's close enough to walk to from there? I have no experience with edibles, and haven't smoked since the 70's. I would like to try some while we are there. Purely medicinal of course! I would prefer not to smoke, but it sounds a little safer than the edibles for a rookie like myself. Any advice on a reliable person to buy from near Nirvana, or if we smoke where could we get some papers, or a pipe would be appreciated.

User Info Menu

good choice....when you get to your hotel.. just ask.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markis View Post
    We will be at Nirvana in February 2018. Is Jenny's close enough to walk to from there? I have no experience with edibles, and haven't smoked since the 70's. I would like to try some while we are there. Purely medicinal of course! I would prefer not to smoke, but it sounds a little safer than the edibles for a rookie like myself. Any advice on a reliable person to buy from near Nirvana, or if we smoke where could we get some papers, or a pipe would be appreciated.
    NIrvana is on the beach, Jenny's is up on the cliffs. Any taxi will be able to take u there. Enjoy! Husband and I will be staying at Nirvana in June 🤗

User Info Menu

Hey HarryS.
    I was in Amsterdam 3 years ago and was told by a budtender in one of the coffeehouses that no strong cake was sold anywhere because of an accidental fall/fatality of a tourist the year before- and that there was maybe 2 mg thc in a cake slice!. Must still be the case. I have high tolerance too. A 350mg edible barely gets me relaxed.
    Last edited by Linder; 04-29-2017 at 11:51 AM.

User Info Menu

Dose control of THC in Jamaican edibles may be a worry but not the TLC that go's with it. I needed a high power cake and a taxi driver had his auntie make me a delicious coffeecake. It was potent and just what I wanted! The next day I go outside and the taxi driver was standing by the gate. I greeted him and asked if he was picking up another guest. He said no- just stopped by to check on us because "auntie" was worried that we were OK after eating such strong cake! Another example of why I love Jamaica so much!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Linder View Post
    Hey HarryS.
    I was in Amsterdam 3 years ago and was told by a budtender in one of the coffeehouses that no strong cake was sold anywhere because of an accidental fall/fatality of a tourist the year before- and that there was maybe 2 mg thc in a cake slice!. Must still be the case. I have high tolerance too. A 350mg edible barely gets me relaxed.
    Amsterdam coffeeshops are highly regulated. A few years ago you could also get alcohol and many of the coffeshops, now it is a huge no-no.

Strong edibles can be found in Negril, just hit up the guy selling bread on the beach. Tread lightly as his are STRONG.