Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cookies/Brownies

User Info Menu

Re: Cookies/Brownies

Quote Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
    Not only is the shroom place within shouting distance of the police station, the station itself has a bar that is open to the public.
    Yeah...Tedd's is not quite shouting distance and...
    as far as a bar being at the police station...
    no one really explains that bar in detail...since I was one of the people that posted about this "phenomena" many moons ago and originally posted because I was excited about them being one of the few bars in Negril with a generator at the time current/electricity was going out quite regularly...
    it's really the police recreational facility for off duty police/administration where you can get some pretty good food and a cold beer...
    they're super friendly and still have that generator if needed (though rarely needed now).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    OP,
    Take a cab up to Jenny's/C&D bar and grab a few for the week. They are the most consistent product that I have found in Negril. Grab a meal there as her cooking is really good.
    What can you expect to pay for a charter taxi from the centre of Long Bay to Jenny's (which seems to be near the lighthouse) and back again?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yamon View Post
    Up on the westend
    Attachment 47843
    I love this picture.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bigbamboo View Post
    I remember Jenny's cakes from back in the day. My first trip there I ordered one cake for me and one for my bud. We ate them (actually choked them down... they were strong). Went to a bar, can't really remember the name, and while ordering beers told the bartender we both had just eaten one of Jenny's cakes. He said "Wow, you two split a cake?!?! They are for four people mon.". I came back to consciousness in front of the Negril Beach Club, no shoes, no sunglasses, and a coke in my hand that the ice had melted in hours ago. Fortunately no sunburn. It was however, difficult explaining to immigration why I was wearing Flip-flops arriving home to Boston in January.
    I'm sorry to laugh at this story but this is hilarious!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
    Not only is the shroom place within shouting distance of the police station, the station itself has a bar that is open to the public.
    The bar at the police station is on my JA bucket list!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamerican71 View Post
    I'm sorry to laugh at this story but this is hilarious!!!!
    No apologies necessary, good times lol.

User Info Menu

No way Jenny's are for 4 people, my 1st time there I was cautious and only ate half a piece, barely nothing happened so it was a waste since you wait an hour to judge the effect. Every trip since 1 piece = 1 dose.

Bought some good cake (and cheaper) at Sir D's on one of the pub crawls.

User Info Menu

Leighton sells baked good on Beach. His brownies. I've had plenty of edibles at home, a corner of his brownie put me under. I was really sick. Two other girls, little piece. They were passed out the rest of the day. Boyfriend is 6'6" and edibles don't usually affect him. This one did, but he wasn't a fan.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    What can you expect to pay for a charter taxi from the centre of Long Bay to Jenny's (which seems to be near the lighthouse) and back again?
    I took a route cab from Connie's and at the roundabout I asked if he would take $500j to take me to White Sands and he happily accepted. Connie's is in the upper cliffs, nowhere near the lighthouse.

YMMV.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
    No way Jenny's are for 4 people, my 1st time there I was cautious and only ate half a piece, barely nothing happened so it was a waste since you wait an hour to judge the effect. Every trip since 1 piece = 1 dose.

Bought some good cake (and cheaper) at Sir D's on one of the pub crawls.
    There is a difference between a piece of cake and an entire cake. This was in the early 90's and no internet so I figured the dosage was one cake per person. Next time you go eat an entire cake and get back to me.