Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ganja in April

User Info Menu

Red face Re: Ganja in April

Quote Originally Posted by AmyForever View Post
    That's why i love Jamaica....@TAH a pound for $50
    I've gotten full grocery bags of smoke for $100. Lambs Breath or any type of Sativa is a different story. You need to know a true Rasta in the hill to get your hands on that stuff. In my 25 years going to Jamaica, I've only gotten my hands on it twice...Any type of Sativa will be a lot more $$$ than the common Indica....

User Info Menu

Re: Ganja in April

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker_420 View Post
    yeah, i'd say 99.99999 of the people listing strain names are full of it in Jamaica. This isn't a Denver dispensary....99.5 percent of the weed i've smoked in jamaica, and its been more than my fair share....has been indistinguishable from batch to batch. once in awhile, you may happen across something truly exceptional, but only once or twice have i scored weed i thought ws comparable to what i get here in the states on a regular basis. Sure, some might be a bit greener than others, but in the end, it all basically smokes the same in my experience, and the prices make smoking all day every day a viable alternative, wheres it would be a 400 dollar a day habit to do so here LOL
    There is no question that Jamaica offers some very fine outdoor conditions highly favorable for the growing of some extreme quality from most any strain, but if you need to know where to look?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by georgelenard View Post
    There is no question that Jamaica offers some very fine outdoor conditions highly favorable for the growing of some extreme quality from most any strain, but if you need to know where to look?
    Someone mentioned a place called DOCS 420 in another thread. 1 ounce is legal.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Someone mentioned a place called DOCS 420 in another thread. 1 ounce is legal.
    Technically not legal, up to 2 oz is decriminalized, you can get a ticket you'd have to pay in Sav I think? Last I heard it was a $5 fine.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I've gotten full grocery bags of smoke for $100. Lambs Breath or any type of Sativa is a different story. You need to know a true Rasta in the hill to get your hands on that stuff. In my 25 years going to Jamaica, I've only gotten my hands on it twice...Any type of Sativa will be a lot more $$$ than the common Indica....
    I spoke with a Rasta on the beach and out of curiosity asked if LambsBreath is still around, he called it Lambsbread (I've heard it referred to as both interchangeably) and said he had some elsewhere but also had kingsbread which he said is better grade than lambsbread. But he said they both go for $320/oz because it takes so many months to grow. Yeah that's true it takes twice as long to flower, but at more than 10x regular grade prices? nah....

~Moose
    Last edited by CosmicMoose; 03-31-2017 at 01:14 PM.
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

I never spent that much. Maybe $150 at tops for oz. Lambs breath looks like some really crappy weed. You really have to know what you're looking for. It's real spindly looking, but the high is awesome. Not your typical sativa. You can build a house after smoking it...Also, this was Bob Marley's choice of weed back in the day...really hard to find the true stuff anymore.

User Info Menu

A short history lesson

In the mid 1900s most Ganja was grown in St. Ann's parish and had names Lambs breath, Kings breath and Cali weed.

The best was reaped in April. However some young plants were reaped in December called "Christmas Ganj"

It was Cannabis Sativa as opposed to the Cannabis Indica you get today

Remember that Negril as you know it didn't exist. One spliff would get you serious jail time.

Three things changed the crop:

1. As the children of the 60s, 70s and 80 started visiting and demand skyrocketed.

2. Sativa is a 9 month grow whereas Indica only takes 3 months. More production for more
    demand

3. The sensimilla craze devastated the seed base on the Island

But I think over the next few years Jamaican cannabis strain will start to change.

One thing I don't understand is this. I was in Oregon last summer and was surprised to see that outdoor grown Cannabis is less costly than the hothouse variety.

I was once told by a old time Rasta that each plant only had one story to tell. You can get the best you can find but sooner or later it stops telling it's story.

Cap
    Last edited by captaind; 03-31-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

ya a pound of what.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDd View Post
    ya a pound of what.....
    Of your typical "hi-grade".

User Info Menu