Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seaboard/Jamwest CMRC, May 20-21 2017

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Seaboard/Jamwest CMRC, May 20-21 2017

The annual Seaboard Marine Caribbean Motor Racing Championship (CMRC) will be held on May 20-21 2017 at Jamwest Speedway - Old Hope, Westmoreland.

User Info Menu

Re: Seaboard/Jamwest CMRC, May 20-21 2017

i visited Jamwest in Feb on a bike, so cool, i will make sure i see a race next Feb, soon come

Administrator

User Info Menu

Here is some background on the CMRC:

"Regional motor sport rivalry is nothing new – racing drivers and motorcyclists have fought for supremacy for 60 years or so, something which surprises many outside the Caribbean, who see cricket as the region’s major sport. Not so! Organised motor sport has existed since the 1950s, with travel between the territories common even in the early years . . . long before some marketeer coined the phrase ‘sports tourism’. There was a short-lived Caribbean Championship in the 1970s, when single-seater racing cars were still common, while the current series has been running for a little over two decades. As it is now titled, the Seaboard Marine Caribbean Motor Racing Championship (CMRC) is fought out over four rounds – each is hosted in a different country, Barbados (which joined the CMRC in 2008), Guyana, Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago, which returned to the series in 2014, after an eight-year absence. The CMRC is administered by the Caribbean Motor Racing Association, comprising representatives of the host nations, with Seaboard Marine as title sponsor.*While the support of Seaboard Marine, which trans-ships the competition machinery and parts around the region, is hugely important, there remain those competitors whose budgets prevent them contesting every round, or whose local race schedules clash. A dropped scores system means they can still achieve a worthwhile result – drivers will count their best nine results from the potential total of 12 races."

http://www.bushyparkbarbados.com/cmrc
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Name:  caribbean invasion-FRONT.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  105.3 KB

User Info Menu

Name:  caribbean invasion-BACK.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  103.8 KB

User Info Menu

Wish we was there for this meet! Good tymes out there at Jamwest!! Good racing, good food, good people and cold Red Stripe!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Wish we was there for this meet! Good tymes out there at Jamwest!! Good racing, good food, good people and cold Red Stripe!!
    Vince,

Sorry you are going to miss our event. Rob tells me that you are a racer, so try and make the event next year.

And when you are next in Negril, we would like to have you stop out at Jamwest and check out our new rally track.

Hope to see you soon!

Best Regards,
    Ryan
    Jamwest

User Info Menu

Linston says he can hear the cars from Zion Hill.

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Ya mon, I make it a point to come out to the track. Ya mon I race on a limited modified dirt car. Next reach will come see ya! Much respect!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Ya mon, I make it a point to come out to the track. Ya mon I race on a limited modified dirt car. Next reach will come see ya! Much respect!!
    We are looking forward to it Vince