Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting hitched! Need Negril wedding info and tips

User Info Menu

Re: Getting hitched! Need Negril wedding info and tips

Congrats! We got married on the cliffs back in 2011. The day was beautiful and everything I wanted however the location and planner we chose left a lot to be desired. I think if you can find a planner that you click with it should be awesome! The legal stuff was the easiest part of the process to be honest and all it required was us sending our long form birth certificates in ahead of time, the legal fees were all included in the package with the resort. For various reasons we did end up sourcing a lot of the décor ourselves and brought quite a bit from home(up to and including seashells for centre pieces, but I digress) We used Debra Barrett from Queen Bee hair design for our makeup and hair services and I cant say enough good things about her and her staff. They were truly a highlight of the day. I will say we are normally beach dwellers but we did love the cliffs location for the privacy(no random speedos in the pics) and the beautiful sunset back drop. If you have any questions let me know and I will try and reach back in my memory to help.(That was a few bob Marley's ago

I have a trip report from they wedding posted on the board somewhere but I cant seem to find it, if I do I will post the link.
    Last edited by mmoffat1980; 04-19-2017 at 01:07 PM.

User Info Menu

Mike D - I wouldn't expect any less from Flip, and I really can't believe that I'm just now reading his wedding TR lol. Thanks buddy, hope you and the Mrs. are doing great!

Bnewb - Thanks!! and I appreciate the info. Just checked out Firefly's website and their accommodations look really nice. Do you know if Andrea only coordinates weddings on site, or is location flexible with her? Hope to see you and Rob on the next reach!
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Mmoffat - Thanks! Do you mind sharing the location? I haven't crossed the cliffs off, for the whole privacy factor like you said. Where is Queen Bee Hair Design located?

I will go look at your threads to find your TR Thanks again!!

*Edited - Just kidding....can't find it. Could it have been archived from the old board?
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Tizzy,

I tried to send you a private message but your inbox is full. Let me know when I can send private and I will.

User Info Menu

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserR..._Jamaica.html#

that is the trip advisor link for the review. I posted it on both sites.

User Info Menu

OOps! Try again, I just cleared some room in the inbox...

Thanks for the TA link...on my way there now!
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Congrats! We got married in Negril 11 years ago barefoot on the front of Hedo's prude side beach xoxoxo
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deanna View Post
    Congrats! We got married in Negril 11 years ago barefoot on the front of Hedo's prude side beach xoxoxo

Mazel tov!

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

I would check with idle awhile. A wedding on the beach or their hotel on the cliffs would be beautiful.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TizzyATX View Post
    Mike D - I wouldn't expect any less from Flip, and I really can't believe that I'm just now reading his wedding TR lol. Thanks buddy, hope you and the Mrs. are doing great!

Bnewb - Thanks!! and I appreciate the info. Just checked out Firefly's website and their accommodations look really nice. Do you know if Andrea only coordinates weddings on site, or is location flexible with her? Hope to see you and Rob on the next reach!
    I sent Andrea at FF a text asking, will let you know.