Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Defribrillator in Negril...

User Info Menu

Defribrillator in Negril...

My father plans to buy a defibrillator and will bring on our next reach in December. He can also provide training. What needs to be done to accomplish this?

User Info Menu

Re: Defribrillator in Negril...

Jamerican71...you can reach out to Nurse Beth or Nurse Marcia from the board here. Nurse Marcia has dealt with bringing in a defibrillator. How very generous of your Father!
    A handful of the hotels here in Negril have them available...was your Dad thinking of leaving it with a hotel property or would he prefer to leave it with the Negril EMS? In the latter preference, he could contact the Negril EMS directly.

User Info Menu

Our first thought is to leave it with the hotel property where we stay - Negril Beach Club. I plan to call Jean this week to ask if she is interested. If not then, Negril EMS but I'm not sure how effective it is if they have it vs. it being in a place when an emergency happens. My dad plans to also get a locking cabinet with it. So far, I've learned that the batteries have to be shipped since it's lithium. I will reach out to Nurse Beth and Nurse Marcia but if they see this first -- PLEASE reach out to me!

User Info Menu

Hello from Negril,
    If you go to the above tabs and find market, my business is listed there which will give you access to my email to contact me. Yes the batteries must come shipped, mine came over seas in a container. I would be glad to help you find a good home for this since I am on the ground 24 hours here in Negril. Keep in mind if it is left at a hotel it will not be handed out for use, it will sit there. Many AED are not used that are in the hotels but I'm sure Jean would appreciate that. She can also contact me she's a friend of mine with any questions. This is a very kind and gracious offer! Thank you.
    Nurse Beth
    www.j.mp/comfortsJA

User Info Menu

I just sent you an email