Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Booking 2018

User Info Menu

Booking 2018

Looking for 3 weeks budget accomadation for 2 persons (<$70 US all taxes in) beach side (Longbeach). Arriving anytime between 19 April - 1st May 2018 for 3 weeks. We are here now in Negril and ideally would like to check out a room. Anyplace posting 2018 summer rates yet? or a great rate?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Re: Booking 2018

if you happen to check out ansells, I'd love to hear your thoughts as I've considered staying there many times. Wondering how secure it is.

User Info Menu

Looking forward to a trip report of your trip this year, the weather here in Edmonton is wet and cool this week, missing the Negril heat!

User Info Menu

Check out Caribbean Delight, located right on the beach between Grand Pineapple and Merrills One. Small Jamaican family run resort with about 14 rooms (some with kitchenettes) and all with veranda’s or patio and AC. No restaurant or bar on property, but many within a 2-3 minute walk (including Alfreds and Drifters), and just across the road is the Shamrock grocery store Talk to Ann-Deta (owner/manager). No website, most of their guests are repeat customers who have been staying there for years; but they do have a facebook page. Great location on the beach, and there beachfront units have spectacular views.

User Info Menu

Checked out a room at Ansells today - it's not for me. The location is isolated and open to every Tom, Dick and Harry that walks through (like us) to get from the road to the beach or vice versa. There is a detailed review on Trip Advisor and it's spot on. No doubt in my mind that people could easily try the door in every unit and there is nothing to stop them fence wise. We met the older guy that is the caretaker aka security out front. He is an older fellow, does not appear well and is not sure footed. He tried to sell us some weed, we declined and said we wanted to check out the apartments. The owners live on site in a very rustic building and the older woman came out and met us and showed us a room in the closest unit to their home. The room is very simple, 2 twin beds, older a/c - but a smell of mold and cigarette smoke. We are taking a pass on this place - just not our comfort zone.

Saw the rooms at Carribean Delight last year when we were at Pineapple. Not quite what we are looking for either.

We have now got a room lined up at a great price point in a place I have stayed previously and received confirmation. I am going to check out one more place (where I am staying now) before proving a deposit.

Thanks for the suggestions.

User Info Menu

Check out white sands. Standard beachside rooms are $60 per night in low season. With taxes, you would be close to your budget.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGuy View Post
    Checked out a room at Ansells today - it's not for me. The location is isolated and open to every Tom, Dick and Harry that walks through (like us) to get from the road to the beach or vice versa. There is a detailed review on Trip Advisor and it's spot on. No doubt in my mind that people could easily try the door in every unit and there is nothing to stop them fence wise. We met the older guy that is the caretaker aka security out front. He is an older fellow, does not appear well and is not sure footed. He tried to sell us some weed, we declined and said we wanted to check out the apartments. The owners live on site in a very rustic building and the older woman came out and met us and showed us a room in the closest unit to their home. The room is very simple, 2 twin beds, older a/c - but a smell of mold and cigarette smoke. We are taking a pass on this place - just not our comfort zone.

Saw the rooms at Carribean Delight last year when we were at Pineapple. Not quite what we are looking for either.

We have now got a room lined up at a great price point in a place I have stayed previously and received confirmation. I am going to check out one more place (where I am staying now) before proving a deposit.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Thanks for letting us know and that's disappointing to hear.

User Info Menu

Never2many, my comments are a personal view - others may see things differently if they take the time to check it out.

User Info Menu

I can handle some pretty rustic type accommodations but the security factor in just doing a drive by /walk by was a my concern and your visit there seems to have validated my concern.