Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotel Recomendation

User Info Menu

Hotel Recomendation

I have been chasing the rats in this race for way too long. I feel as if whichever cheese I choose will be followed by a high voltage shock. I need to get back to Negril to unwind.

So, I have been to Negril many times. But,it has been over 10 years since my last visit. I used to stay at one or the other of the big AI's on Bloody Bay with my then future Xwife ;-). This time around I am looking for something different. Can anyone recommend a good non AI place to stay for a solo traveler? Cliffs or beach, either is fine. A few must haves: Good AC, hammock, shade on the beach or cliff side, on site bar. Most important though is just a laid back chill spot. I just want to take it easy. Sit on the coast and sip a Red Stripe or two with my feet up or toes in the sand.

Thanks for any recommendations.

User Info Menu

Re: Hotel Recomendation

Split vacation: Coco LaPalm & Catcha Falling Star
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Catcha falling star gardens or Xtabi. Both nice and laid back.
    Feb.1 - 16 Xtabi

[https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

rondel

User Info Menu

If you want to be more '' alone'' then I would say Catcha or Xtabi on the cliffs. For beach, I would go with White Sands or CoCo la Palm, depending on your budget I guess.

User Info Menu

If money is no object, then I would recommend Catcha Falling Star or Tensing Pen on the cliffs. If you have budget, then Home Sweet Home, Xtabi or Mirage would be more affordable spots that have what you are looking for.

User Info Menu

Catcha: Many solo travelers enjoy it. There's a lot of awesome hidden little nooks u can chill in cliffside. The bar is awesome and the people who work there are all super sweet. U can be alone or u can talk to other guests. It's "fancier" than Xtabi, pricier too. But I do recomment it for solo travel. And i'd also recommend Xtabi. If u want less fancy go for Xtabi. Also, Xtabi is closer to the beach and a lotta good restaurants and bars. U can get a garden side room for less than 60 low season. Or, rent cabin 21 on garden side. Or, a cabin on the sea side if u have $ to spare. Good luck! When r u going?

User Info Menu

I am looking at travel in mid August. Don't ask why, I have always visited in August.

Thanks to all who have replied. Please keep them coming.

User Info Menu

Something different . . .laid back chill spot . . .

Take a look at Seastar Inn!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    I am looking at travel in mid August. Don't ask why, I have always visited in August.
    I've been in June, July, Oct. Jan and Feb and there's never a bad month Seastar is up the road a bit from the garden side so yer not right on the water there. Westender Inn is gorgeous but is far away from everything and a little isolated. But if that's what yer looking for maybe check them out.