Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand Pineapple

User Info Menu

Grand Pineapple

We just booked our next trip and went with GP for the convenience for the AI and also to be able to afford to go off the resort for some meals/drinks. I believe Alfred's is right next door. I think this is actually in a prime location for us to be able to walk to several places. Is this a true assumption? Any places we shouldn't miss? Is it safe to walk the beach at night or is the road safer? Just want to make sure we are making wise choices while we are there. We stayed at beaches 5 years ago when we got married and I only left the resort to go to Ricks. This time we want to explore and have more fun!!We'll be there September 6-13th. Can't wait!!! Any advice is appreciate. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Re: Grand Pineapple

GP is a great choice for the reasons you mentioned. An AI that still lets you afford to explore other places. Alfreds is next door and one of our favorite places. We also love to walk to Tony's hut and Cosmos. I wouldn't walk the beach at night unless you are in a group. The street is safer. Why take chances? Have a great trip!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Thank you! Good to know the street is safer if needed. It will be just my husband and i unless we make some friends while we're there. Is it safe to walk home from Alfred's late at night since it's next door?
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

It's ok to walk a property or two, just avoid deserted and/or dark places, especially late at night.

User Info Menu

Sophie, you've made an excellent choice. We just got back Sunday before last from our 4th visit there. Have done the big AI's, and the small west end places...this is our favorite. Here's a glimpse of what to expect. Patrick
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaRFCLPBjxg

User Info Menu

These boys were playing badminton on a small fence literally between Alfred's and Grand Pineapple. So don't worry about the walk at all.

Name:  IMG_0777.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  100.1 KB
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

We love the Grand Pineapple!!!
    You will have no issues walking to Alfred's and back as it is literally next door. As SLP's photo shows, the only issue you may have is if you have a little too much fun at Alfred's, you might trip over the net, LOL. The blue lounge chairs are the Grand Pineapple beach.

Just remember that it is not fancy, but it is clean and safe.

Cool runnings! Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Sounds perfect to me! That's everyone for the feedback

User Info Menu

Thanks for the video!

User Info Menu

I stayed at the GP and it's great that Alfred's is next door because there's really no night life at the GP (I think they had a small band a couple nights at the bar for an hour or 2). If you want to venture out for daytime music (2pm-7pm), Walk south down the beach and hit up Drifters a lil ways down (look for the sign on the beach and walk up the path to the bar). If you head north up the beach, you can go to Roots for some night time bands on their outdoor beach stage.

Last edited by ukran1ans; 05-24-2017 at 02:41 PM.