Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: How much do you tip your driver

User Info Menu

How much do you tip your driver

What is a fair tip from Mobay to Negril?

User Info Menu

Re: How much do you tip your driver

As liberally as you can without material injury to yourself.

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

Administrator

User Info Menu

lol !
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

It depends!

I have had drivers who really made me feel uncomfortable by telling me over and over again on the journey how poor they are and how expensive it is to live in JA. Almost trying to guilt me into giving them a big tip. I usually give them very little.

I have had drivers who are very personable and a delight to have met, I usually give them between 20% and 25% of what they are charging.

If a driver just picks me up at point A and takes me to point B without much conversation and his cab is clean and comfortable, I will tip approx. 15% of the fare.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by halfwaytree View Post
    It depends!

I have had drivers who really made me feel uncomfortable by telling me over and over again on the journey how poor they are and how expensive it is to live in JA. Almost trying to guilt me into giving them a big tip. I usually give them very little.
    What a shame.... I have used several drivers who are recommended by this board, and zero have pulled this crap.

OP, tip what you want to. If the driver provides a great service tip as you would back home.

Cap,
    LOL