Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cliff denizens, your favorite beach for a day trip.

User Info Menu

Re: Cliff denizens, your favorite beach for a day trip.

When we stay at Catcha, our driver drops us off at Margarittaville. We grab some onion rings and an ice cold red stripe at the little beach bar and relax. Then, we hang a left and walk down the beach and enjoy other beach spots for more cocktails.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hussyband View Post
    How are the vendors down by sun beach (wife wants shopping to come to her this year).
    The same as anywhere else on the beach since they're just walking up and down

User Info Menu

How are the vendors down by sun beach (wife wants shopping to come to her this year).
    You'll see everyone that is working/walking throughout the day; hat guy, flag/bandana guy, carvers, shells, beads, bracelets, baskets CDs, sketch artists, pork, lobster, fruit, patties etc. It's still a busy section of the beach.

User Info Menu

During the busy season, you will likely find a jewelry vendor and a massage person stationed at Sun Beach. They are not aggressive at all, but it's nice to have some diversions onsite if you want to browse. As others said, the usual patty, fruit, juice, ice cream vendors will stop by. You will also get bracelet guys etc., but the staff will quickly shoo them away if they become annoying. Dennis the Menace runs the place and takes good care of his customers.

User Info Menu

Charela

User Info Menu

Didn't see the ice cream man in January
    Last edited by JahCruiser; 07-30-2017 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Left out word

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ras Walleye View Post
    The Last Mango Bar at Yellow Bird. Plenty of shade, lots of beach traffic, great 2 for 1 drink specials!
    I don't know how many times I have been to Yellow Bird .... but I never knew it was called The Last Mango Bar! Huh. You learn something new every day!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbobwee View Post
    Charela Inn....Plenty of palm trees for shade, quiet atmosphere, great location, excellent food, (pricey drinks). SunBeach.......Umbrellas for shade, music (sometimes live, otherwise cds), cool vibe, great bar, fair food......both places you will see plenty of vendor action!
    Charela is a great choice! They have a day pass you can purchase for USD25.00. That $25 goes toward your food and bar bill (they warn you when you have $10 left)., You can use the pool, too. Good food! Large portions, though.

My first choice would be Sun Beach - but that's because I love Alicia!