Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Club MoBay

User Info Menu

Club MoBay

I have read the post on this forum about ClubMoBay. It leaves some information unclear, and I am trying to determine if it would be a service that would make an upcoming trip easier on my 80-year-old mother.
    How, exactly, does this extra service expedite arrival and departure procedures?

User Info Menu

Re: Club MoBay

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelbeemon View Post
    I have read the post on this forum about ClubMoBay. It leaves some information unclear, and I am trying to determine if it would be a service that would make an upcoming trip easier on my 80-year-old mother.
    How, exactly, does this extra service expedite arrival and departure procedures?
    If your Mother is best to not be standing in a line of people for any amount of time...Club Mobay definitely would be a joy for her or anyone that wants to guarantee getting through the airport quickly.
    CM has their own expedited areas for immigration and customs that moves everyone quickly through.
    They also have food, drinks and cool cloths available...if she would like to freshen up before the ride into Negril or before getting on the plane back.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 07-23-2017 at 10:09 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelbeemon View Post
    I believe they would also have a wheelchair waiting if needed. A few yes back I had a broken foot. They offered me a wheelchair. It is a nice service, especially if you have elderly or children with you.

User Info Menu

It is a bit of a walk from where you deplane to the immigration hall. I would most certainly use it for your Mom and yes they do offer the wheelchair option. Departing you are not covering nearly the distance as you will on arrival, however the line at security can take some time to get through.

User Info Menu

From my past experience Club Mobay is valuable if you travel on the weekend. Now that I am retired we always travel mid-week. The last 2 times we arrived on Wednesday afternoon there was no wait at customs or immigration.

User Info Menu

I travel mostly on Saturdays in late April/early May. I am able-bodied and comfortable navigating the airport on my own, however, I always book Club MoBay arrival and departure bundle for $80. I appreciate the personalized service I receive from the CMB Rep. I like being expedited through the Immigration process (although sometimes, others on my flight "beat" me through the line). I like that someone is helping me with my luggage. I like that someone is guiding me through the customs line. I like that someone helps me with my transportation arrangements. And I like the access to the lounge for bathroom and some drinks. For Departure, I like the expedited line through security, although to be honest it's not as efficient as the arrival process. Once through security, I like to visit the lounge for snacks and drinks, the restroom, and to relax. I give myself time to look at the shops before I need to board my plane, but I have yet to purchase anything. Like I said, for me it's more about the service, even as a repeat visitor. The Rep checks my documents, answers any questions I have, supports me when I need help (like that my transportation was a mess this past trip, which surprised me because my first experience with JUTA was so amazing), and the lounges are a nice touch. Worth it is up to you, but I really like the service and will continue to use it as long as it is available. I wish more airports offered this type of service!
    Livin
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

THANK you all for your detailed responses!
    I think using this service would make the whole experience of arrival/departure easier and smoother for my mother. She cannot stand for long periods of time and I don't want her lifting luggage. I'm so excited to be able to have the experience of a trip to Negril WITH HER!!! I can just picture her smiling when she sees the beach, or when interacting with fellow happy vacationers and Negril residents!

User Info Menu

Just request wheelchair assistance from the airline, they'll meet her at the gate and take her to the front of the line, along with one other person accompanying her. . Club Mobay won't add anything except the lounge after she clears customs. Same on the way back. Don't waste your money.

User Info Menu

Thank you, Saeyedoc!

User Info Menu

I think CMB adds a lot to my experience, aside from the lounge. I don't find it a waste of money. Best of luck in your decision. It really is a tough one!
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion