Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Cell phone rental

User Info Menu

Cell phone rental

Hi guys
    This year we are renting a car for our 2 week trip Not going to pre book accommodation so I would like to have a phone just for Jamaican calls so as to call ahead to book hotel and so on Don't need to call outside J
    So my question is what are the best options for cell phone rental
    Any advice Thxs Guys

User Info Menu

Re: Cell phone rental

The very best option is to buy one for $20 or $30. then youll have it for every reach and not have to worry about finding a rental

User Info Menu

Our last reach, we asked our driver to stop at a Digicel store in Mobay. We were able to buy a prepaid sim card and put it in our existing phone. I think it was 90 minutes for US$20. Worked great for us.
    Johio

User Info Menu

these days there aren't much in the way of cell phone rentals......use to be quite a few some years back....
    either bring a unlocked phone or pick one up in Jamaica......lots of cell phone stores here so just find one....
    not a good idea to start using your North American phone in Jamaica....you risk coming home to a huge cell phone bill.....lol
    of course if you know what you doing.......no problem
    guess a lot of vistors these days just use the wifi on der North American phones and use WhatsApp or FB messenger etc to communicate......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

From another thread: http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...tation-Methods

Quote Originally Posted by Luxurious Carib Tours View Post
    With a Private Taxi from Luxurious Carib Tours Jamaica. You and your travel partner will be the only person(s) traveling in that vehicle. With this option you will not have to have long waiting time at the Airport. Once you clear customs we are ready to go. Upon arrival at the Airport you will be welcome with a complimentary Drink of Red Strip Beer, Water or a Soda of your choice. You can also request a cell phone which our company provides free of cost with conditions. This cell phone can be used to make both local and international calls. You also have to option of making short stops along the way for shopping or having some refreshments.

Our prices for some many comfort are very competitive as well.

Contact us today for a lot more information regarding Private Airport Transfers, Tours and/ taxi Service.

Tel#: 1876 798 8382 (you can also Whatsapp this number)

Email: luxuriouscaribtours@gmail.com

Note: You can also request a cell phone which our company provides free of cost with conditions.

I highly recommend them, great company. Maybe not fitting in your case if you're renting a car, but the info is there for others.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Many transport operators provide free cell phones when you book your airport transfers. But this doesn't help the original poster since they are renting a car.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Many transport operators provide free cell phones when you book your airport transfers. But this doesn't help the original poster since they are renting a car.
    Might help someone else though. That's why I posted the info I did.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

If you have an old unlocked cell at home, take it and just buy a SIM card and minutes. Easy.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

What are your dates? We can loan you a phone with a deposit for it's return. Just buy credit.

Cap
    Last edited by captaind; 07-30-2017 at 05:13 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave