Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Negril safety

User Info Menu

Negril safety

It has been 12 years since we have been in Negril. We used to walk the beach at night with no worries, but were always cautious of course. There used to also be a police presence on the beach also. Have things changed? We went there 2X a year for 6 years straight with no issues and we always felt safe.

User Info Menu

Re: Negril safety

Things may have changed a bit, but nothing I would be too concerned with. Use the same caution and common sense you use 12 years ago, and don't put yourself into a risky situation, i.e. Dark deserted areas late at night, flashing a wad of cash, stumbling around blind drunk etc. These are the same practices you would use almost anywhere else in the world, including your home town.

User Info Menu

Their is more lighting now at night which helps but the best part is the sidewalk that has been installed across beach that runs to town. It really makes a big difference.

User Info Menu

Thanks!

User Info Menu

I've walked the beach at night in Feb and May and it seemed fine. There doesn't seem to be alot of dark areas (it seems that at least every other property has lights on the beach now).

User Info Menu

ukran1ans, they may be afraid to attack you my friend !!!

User Info Menu

you will need to be more diligent of your surroundings than 12 years ago.....der been an uptick in everything here.....
    there are more tourist and a lot more Jamaicans in Negril these days...tons more speeding motorcycles for sure
    reading the Gleaner and the Observer and listening to the news is sumthin mi don't do very much of anymore......
    nuff said

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    ukran1ans, they may be afraid to attack you my friend !!!
    Yeah, must be my intimidating Buffalo caps that I wear....

User Info Menu

Hi everyone,

since we are discussing about walking the beach after dark, is there any area of the beach that has more lights compared to other areas?
    For example, how about walking from Travellers to Bourbon beach? or from Coco to Alfred's? Or from Legends to Alfred's?

I'll be in Negril for the first time in November (on my own) I just would like to understand if a 5 minutes walk is ok, or if it's always better to grab a taxi after sunset.
    Thanks!

User Info Menu

I think the stretch from Treehouse to White Sands is fine. Travellers to BB, not so much. Coco to Alfred's has a few dark stretches.