Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another July .....

User Info Menu

Re: Another July .....

My fault... you're right. A RUDE human being!! My momma raised me differently. I don't believe any woman should be walked up to and subject to those comments PERIOD.

User Info Menu

I am curious, maybe just being a dumb Minnesotan, but I didn't see where beachballler referred to any black men. Are you saying he is referring to black men when he states "animal like"? Having experienced a lot of unwelcome behavior from men and women over the years I can assure you animal behavior has no color associated with it. After all people, all people, are capable of animal behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markospoon View Post
    what about their advances was "animal-like"????

I am sure they were BLACK MEN,
    but what made you described their actions as Animal like????

User Info Menu

what about their advances was "animal-like"????

I am sure they were BLACK MEN,
    but what made you described their actions as Animal like????
    didn't know Black Men and Animal like behavior go hand and hand.....
    maybe mi missing sumthin as I don't see where the OP stated this.....dunno

well mi live among the Jamaicans for many years and was married to a Jamaican for many years...
    and what wi think and what the Jamaicans think of what is socially acceptable sexual terminology are two different things sometimes..
    and without much thinking when the Jamaican officers are in the presence of foreign travelers......
    they have rattled off a lot of crude sexual profanity comments in mi presence (and asking for money to buy beers)....
    again it comes down to the training which might be fine when dealing with Jamaicans at the road blocks/stops.....
    but when dealing with tourist a lot more training is needed by these policeman in Negril........just an objective observation

now they have officers riding in unmarked cars and they are getting out and searching people as they walk down the West End Rd...
    yesterday was the first time mi saw this by SamSara......when 4 officers exited a plan unmarked toyota....
    and searched 2 young guys that were walking towards downtown.....
    mi hope if this continues their language is appropriate especially in the presence of Jamaican or Foreign ladies..and/or guys....

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Last edited by Marko; 08-15-2017 at 01:49 PM.
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

What were YOU doing with her in the first place?
    Maybe you are the animal.
    that's uncalled for .......PLEASE REMOVE THIS POST

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

First of all.... Irene....Dumb Minnesotan ?? speak for yourself !!! ( lol )
    Beachballer take on this is pretty obvious, to me anyway.... Not saying it was your situation, but many older tourists men, get with the younger Jamaican ladies, same thing with the older tourist women..so on....
    I'm pretty sure the cops just don't like it !!! ( My opinion )

User Info Menu

Hi Irine,
    I have not seen a White/Caucasian/person of European decent , Police Officer in Negril.

Maybe Marko has.????? I don't think so.

I haven't seen any in 20 some years, so.........

If they were White,........ still they are not animals.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Not saying it was your situation, but many older tourists men, get with the younger Jamaican ladies, same thing with the older tourist women..so on....
    I'm pretty sure the cops just don't like it !!! ( My opinion )
    it's not the age thingy here really ......as plenty of Jamaican police officers get with much younger Jamaican ladies........
    it's the interracial thingy.......Jamaicans with North Americans or Europeans etc is what they don't like or jealous of...(my opinion)

Cool Runnings, Marko

User Info Menu

Phew.......glad you didn't say Canadians.......

User Info Menu

Marko,
    You are right,
    It was uncalled for.
    Sorry folks.
    Racism has no place anywhere.

Administrator

User Info Menu

This thread demonstrates how emotionally charged some topics can be. They depend on what is posted, and how readers interpret the post based on their own point of view.

With racism being a main news story in the US, it is not surprising that it was mentioned in this thread.

The original poster did mention men using "animal like" (apology made) behavior when talking to the young woman on the back of his scooter. While never mentioned, another poster took this as a racist comment (apology made).

Racism has no place here and I don't think it was the OP's intention. Another poster has since blamed it on inter-racial relationships.

Once again, racism has no place here and I feel it played no part in the what transpired. Blaming what happened on race is not accurate.

Another poster seems to have realized the true cause of what happened, and that has to do with the age difference.

Prostitution, while being illegal is so much in demand by visitors, both male and female, that trying to enforce the laws is a losing battle. Of course this leads to police frustration.

When there is a substantial difference in age between older visitors (of any colour) and much younger Jamaicans, it can lead to obviously prejudged behavior by those who see it. It doesn't matter how innocent it may be, a large age difference influences people's view of the situation.

The OP mentioned that this happened on multiple different occasions, so the repeated viewing can lead to conclusions, right or wrong.

The only way to prevent this is not to hang out with locals who are substantially younger. We may give a ride to a friend who is older or close to our age, but we would be looking for problems by giving much younger people a ride
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!