Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The bar for cliff jumping when new Ricks was being built and honeymoon questions

User Info Menu

Re: The bar for cliff jumping when new Ricks was being built and honeymoon questions

Great pictures from the 70's! Thanks for sharing those! Again, amazing how things changed in a couple decades. I (being entirely too young at that time lol) had no knowledge of JA. Wish I had would have been there and never looked back. Still I was fortunate to have been introduced to Negril, by an old friend (who has also passed/RIP Triple A) in the nineties and have never been able to get it out of my thoughts and dreams. My trip last year (after another couple decades) was almost overwhelming. Everything I knew or was familiar with ,from the nineties, went right out the window. Somewhat bitter sweet for me, good for the People.
    As for the book, read it. Actually saved it and did so on the property lol ("when in Rome..."). Easy, fun, quick book. Cool that you knew him personally. I was introduced to him, in passing, back in the nineties by my friend mentioned previously. Perhaps our paths also crossed back then, or over the years with my friend. I'm thinking if you knew Mark, and Arland did (he seemed to know quite a lot of people there (business owners Rick,Mark,Sandy,Nar..and locals). Just saying.
    Again, really enjoyed the pics! Walk Good.

User Info Menu

Re: The bar for cliff jumping when new Ricks was being built and honeymoon questions

Really enjoyed the pictures . Wonder how many " hippies " came and never left? Sounds like some of you been around a long time. I know I wish I would have discovered Jamaica sooner.

User Info Menu

That location (St Joseph, Pirates Cave, Pushcart, et al), I've been told, was used in the final scene of the movie "Papillon", in which Steve McQueen's character, Henri "Papillon" Charriere jumps from the cliff to escape the island prison. Today, who'd want to escape? As I'm trying to confirm this, however, I'm learning that it was the caves that were used, but elsewhere in the film.

Administrator

User Info Menu

From everything I have heard and read, the cave scene was filmed at Xtabi. A few different angle shots may have been used to set the mood for the jump scene, some further down the the cliffs as it was higher. But the final jump scene was filmed in Maui.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!