Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: YaMon Red Stripe Catamaran Cruises

User Info Menu

YaMon Red Stripe Catamaran Cruises

Nothing but fantastic reviews from friends and looking forward to our first trip to Negril... are we better better off booking in advance, through the front desk, (RIU Tropical Beach) or on the beach? TIA!
    Last edited by ronp854; 08-13-2017 at 01:08 AM.

User Info Menu

Re: YaMon Red Stripe Catamaran Cruises

Absolutely go directly through the folks on the Cat ride. You can go to the beach, and go the boat bar, their shack to buy the tickets and reserve your day is right next door. We all had a blast, and you will to !!!

User Info Menu

Just went last Thursday on the smaller cat they have. For 6 of us we paid $500, so @$80 a person. When we saw the big cat pull up, it was packed with people and a guy was puking off the side. Very glad we did a private cruise for $20 more. Rum punch, Red Stripes, water, soda. And we got fed some brown stewed chicken over rice that was pretty damn good. We got to go wherever we wanted and spend as much time as we wanted. To top it off we stayed out an extra hour or so to each a pod of dolphins playing all around us - spinning, jumping, and coming up right by the boat! Even the boat crew had their cameras out, they said we were very lucky. We booked through Myrna, a sweet lady on the beach. Boat Bar is,definitely a good place to find her.

User Info Menu

We just booked, but on the larger boat. Just the 2 of us so it was the only option.
    Good meeting you Jed. Hope you enjoyed your trip!

User Info Menu

Nice meeting you too, John. My wife and I alternate birthday trips, so maybe we'll catch up in Aug 2019. Have fun and happy birthday to you and your wife!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeJed View Post
    Nice meeting you too, John. My wife and I alternate birthday trips, so maybe we'll catch up in Aug 2019. Have fun and happy birthday to you and your wife!
    That would be great....until then, keep the vibe.......