Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Wedding in Negril

User Info Menu

A Wedding in Negril

I never thought I would be asking about an all inclusive in Negril but here I am trying to help friends plan a wedding in Negril over the XMAS Holidays 2018.

Back story......Feb 2015 a group of 30 friends traveled to Negril for my birthday. Everybody knew me but not everybody knew each other....one gal friend thought she should be bored and another guy friend had to be convinced to come along. Well who would have known this was the beginning of an amazing love story between those two.

Our group of friends usually stay at NBCC and Travellers so staying at an AI will be an extra treat and an extra extra expense that we aren't accustomed to soooooooooo........keeping that in mind what all inclusive would you suggest in Negril that allow children and is within a decent budget? The bride to be is also open to Montego Bay.

User Info Menu

Re: A Wedding in Negril

anybody out there?

User Info Menu

Grand Pineapple is an AI that won't break the bank and allows kids
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

THANK YOU!

I was thinking Grand Pineapple also and added it to the list for them. I wanted to give them some options. It seems like most of the AI's in Negril don't allow children

User Info Menu

What is the expectation of the all inclusive? For example, what are the expected inclusions, meal expectations, watersports/activities expectations, and modern vs. out of date decor/room/bathroom expectations?

Understand that Grand Pineapple has limited inclusions and is a budget all inclusive, so be sure that the expectations meet the reality. I enjoyed staying at Grand Pineapple twice but totally understood that it was a very different stay than my experience at Sandals. I just want your friends to be happy and realistic about their experience. Buffet meals, out of date decor, basic rooms, second hand furniture and lounge chairs, limited watersports activities, no group activities, basic/well bar brands, draft beer. That said, staff are amazing, I always feel safe, and the location on the beach really can't be beat! I would try to stay in the cottage rooms, not the manor rooms, and for a little extra, stay on the beach side, although the garden side is nice, recognize that you have to cross the road and that can be exhausting for some guests. I would stay at Grand Pineapple again if I could purchase a room-only, not all inclusive, stay.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LivinInThe603 View Post
    What is the expectation of the all inclusive? For example, what are the expected inclusions, meal expectations, watersports/activities expectations, and modern vs. out of date decor/room/bathroom expectations?

Understand that Grand Pineapple has limited inclusions and is a budget all inclusive, so be sure that the expectations meet the reality. I enjoyed staying at Grand Pineapple twice but totally understood that it was a very different stay than my experience at Sandals. I just want your friends to be happy and realistic about their experience. Buffet meals, out of date decor, basic rooms, second hand furniture and lounge chairs, limited watersports activities, no group activities, basic/well bar brands, draft beer. That said, staff are amazing, I always feel safe, and the location on the beach really can't be beat! I would try to stay in the cottage rooms, not the manor rooms, and for a little extra, stay on the beach side, although the garden side is nice, recognize that you have to cross the road and that can be exhausting for some guests. I would stay at Grand Pineapple again if I could purchase a room-only, not all inclusive, stay.
    I agree. But we have paid less for the GP all inclusive than we have paid for a room only at other resorts. Just depends on what you are looking for.

Jamerican71, also check our Beaches for the kids activities. There is no activities for children at GO
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregandkelly63 View Post
    I agree. But we have paid less for the GP all inclusive than we have paid for a room only at other resorts. Just depends on what you are looking for.

Jamerican71, also check our Beaches for the kids activities. There is no activities for children at GO

that's true, Greg. I totally agree about the price point.

I am curious what the all-inclusive expectation is becuase I have stayed at Grand Pineapple, only to eat the breakfast and an occasional dinner, but if the guests are expecting a full all-inclusive experience, I'm curious of the expectations.

I have a friend who really likes the Merrills hotels, with three stays there.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Thank you for the input on Grand Pineapple. That location is off the list because they do want a better AI experience. The guests that come will be okay with paying more given it's a special occasion. I did look at Beaches for them but I think it will really be over run by children. The only other AI's that I could think of in Negril that allow children are Riu Negril or Riu Tropical Bay.

User Info Menu

Hi ! I would rethink Beaches. I have a couple friends that work there, and I visit them, a few times during my stays on the beach. I have never seen it overrun by children, they have a lot of watersports, and I know the food is pretty good. just a thought !

User Info Menu

If they don't mind staying at Bloody Beach(a 5-10 min cab ride away), the RUI Club is affordable, more updated than the GP and has most of the expected Amenities of an AI.

Last edited by ukran1ans; 08-21-2017 at 02:10 PM.