Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Wedding in Negril

User Info Menu

Re: A Wedding in Negril

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    If they don't mind staying at Bloody Beach(a 5-10 min cab ride away), the RUI Club is affordable, more updated than the GP and has most of the expected Amenities of an AI.

Is that Riu Negril or Riu Tropical Bay?

User Info Menu

I stayed at the RUI Negril... it's a lil cheaper than the Tropical (which does have a lil nicer beach though)...

User Info Menu

Why not let the happy couple stay at an AI and the rest of the guests stay where they want? Can still attend all the activities without breaking the bank. You know once you've been out on the beach an AI will disappoint in the food and cultural department no matter how good it is. The cost of an AI may exclude a lot of people which can be good or bad depending on what you want. Also Christmas is brutal for extra costs in flights and AI's. Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Irine; 08-22-2017 at 08:41 AM.

User Info Menu

I totally agree Irine but some people could care less about 'food and culture' when they come to the Caribbean (which is why the AI's exist).

User Info Menu

Sadly true. Blindfold them and take them to Florida, cheaper and they will never know
    I totally agree Irine but some people could care less about 'food and culture' when they come to the Caribbean (which is why the AI's exist).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Irine View Post
    Why not let the happy couple stay at an AI and the rest of the guests stay where they want? Can still attend all the activities without breaking the bank. You know once you've been out on the beach an AI will disappoint in the food and cultural department no matter how good it is. The cost of an AI may exclude a lot of people which can be good or bad depending on what you want. Also Christmas is brutal for extra costs in flights and AI's. Just my two cents.
    It's more fun to stay together and everybody who can make it will bite the bullet and pay the extra but it will exclude a lot of people. I told them how brutal the Christmas holidays can be but as of now they are set on it. I've sent them a list of possible properties in Negril and MoBay and they are reviewing now.

User Info Menu

Well one thing, if you have never been there over Christmas/New Years the decorations and parties are the best I have ever been to. You will definitely enjoy that part.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Irine View Post
    Well one thing, if you have never been there over Christmas/New Years the decorations and parties are the best I have ever been to. You will definitely enjoy that part.
    Love anytime of year in Jamaica but especially love being there for Christmas and New Years. There's nothing like waking up Xmas day and being on the beach in Jamaica!

User Info Menu

That would be great if I didn't mind breaking the bank (I just checked and they want $1200 for the flights alone for one person to get there xmas/new years week and back).

User Info Menu

That would be great if I didn't mind breaking the bank (I just checked and they want $1200 for the flights alone for one person to get there xmas/new years week and back).

The flight prices are CRAZY!! I used to pay about $700 for the Christmas Holidays but now it's close to $1000!