Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Wedding in Negril

User Info Menu

Re: A Wedding in Negril

Yeah... just last year, I flew myself, my girls and my grandson down after thanksgiving for $2000, so $500 a piece. The best price I found for the same time this year is $620.... that's a 24% increase!! I'm convinced they are in collusion now...

User Info Menu

We usually pay 550 to 620 out of Minni. We take the shuttle from Duluth at 129 for two, plus a night at the hotel as the flights leave so early, another 100. This year after Dr. Dao got bet up on United I kept an eye on their website and sure enough about 10 days later they had one stop flights out of Duluth for 480 a piece. That's a savings of 229 bucks just on the shuttle and hotel, never mind the cheaper flight and leaving from home. I'm 10 minutes by cab from the airport, it will be a delight. So back to Christmas, wait till you see what the AI's add on, ouch! But ukran1ans 500 is a steal, we would take that anytime for sure.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Irine View Post
    We usually pay 550 to 620 out of Minni. We take the shuttle from Duluth at 129 for two, plus a night at the hotel as the flights leave so early, another 100. This year after Dr. Dao got bet up on United I kept an eye on their website and sure enough about 10 days later they had one stop flights out of Duluth for 480 a piece. That's a savings of 229 bucks just on the shuttle and hotel, never mind the cheaper flight and leaving from home. I'm 10 minutes by cab from the airport, it will be a delight. So back to Christmas, wait till you see what the AI's add on, ouch! But ukran1ans 500 is a steal, we would take that anytime for sure.
    Yeah, $500 is a thing of the past. Unfortunately, there's no direct flights out of Buffalo (where I only have a 15 min cab ride to) so I have to get creative on my flight down. I try to use my company holidays to extend my time in Negril (Like I fly down on Black Friday, after Thanksgiving, since it's a company holiday) but being locked into certain days (around the weekend) to maximize my time down there costs extra. In Feb though, I'm flying out on friday evening, right after my workday, to Charlotte with a 11 hour layover, where I'm using my expedia points to get a free hotel there by the airport. The cool thing is that I'm flying out the next morning early to be landing in Mobay by 1030am, thus maximizing my 7 mile beach time on the first day!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Yeah, $500 is a thing of the past. Unfortunately, there's no direct flights out of Buffalo (where I only have a 15 min cab ride to) so I have to get creative on my flight down. I try to use my company holidays to extend my time in Negril (Like I fly down on Black Friday, after Thanksgiving, since it's a company holiday) but being locked into certain days (around the weekend) to maximize my time down there costs extra. In Feb though, I'm flying out on friday evening, right after my workday, to Charlotte with a 11 hour layover, where I'm using my expedia points to get a free hotel there by the airport. The cool thing is that I'm flying out the next morning early to be landing in Mobay by 1030am, thus maximizing my 7 mile beach time on the first day!

It's getting near impossible to find a flight out of Minni that isn't a plus one. I don't get it, maybe someone can shed some light on why so many more people are flying to Jamaica and the airlines won't do directs? Have to think the planes would fill up even faster. I would pay 600 for a direct flight out of Minni in a heart beat, I can't be the only one wondering why it was so much easier to fly there 10 years ago when a lot less people were going.

User Info Menu

I flew last week round trip for about $850 each from NY!!! And that's during low season! It was a hard to deal with, but beats going somewhere else. The flights were non stop at least, but not an open seat on either flight.
    Ukran1ans, you did it right. In the end it's all about the maximum beach time! Unfortunately I'm the furthest from my next reach at this point ��

User Info Menu

Hi,

I'm in the process of planning my wedding in Jamaica as well . They just opened the new Royalton resort in Negril next to Couples (we recently stayed at the new Royalton location just built in St. Lucia) the food was excellent, the rooms were spectacular, and overall the resort was great. Not sure what the rates would be now, but being that the resort just opened recently you should check out the prices. Best of luck with your planning!