Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West End question

User Info Menu

West End question

We are staying at SeaStar, but can't remember which Cliffside resorts will allow you to hang out during the day, purchase a few drinks and swim in the ocean?

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Re: West End question

We went Xtabi from the beach a few weeks ago. Had a wonderful time!!! Can't beat the location or view. We drank for a while, swam around, and stayed for dinner (which was delicious BTW). George was helping us all day, very kind and funny, and he worked his butt off. Two thumbs up from me!

User Info Menu

Thank you!

User Info Menu

Peewee's has super awesome prices for breakfast, has a bar there, and direct water access.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Whats's going on, Jim? u can walk to catcha and have drinks and dinner at Ivans, u can walk to ltu but not sure about water access....xtabi is probably the best for what u want, and u can walk next door to 3 dives for the jerk chicken and lobster...
    2009 trip http://www.negril.com/cgi-bin/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=196641&page=272185

2010 halloween---no TR

trip 2012
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/5589-Trip-report-sept-1-14-including-pelicanbar-catcha-legends-samsara-pubcrawl-etc

trip 2013
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/8323-gettin-my-groove-on-quot-TRIP-report-quot-boardie-bash-style-april21-may11-2013

.trip 2014
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/11962-Trip-report-Boardie-Bash-2014-best-trip-yet

User Info Menu

mi second PeWees......unadvertised and best kept secret....mi der everyday and has a ladder to go into the ocean for swimming or snorkeling.....
    Xtabi is mi second choice......PeWees always has very few people so you have the place to yourself....especially in Summer
    mi heading der again in a few minutes cause da wata calling mi name.....lol

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

If you are staying at Sea Star, you can easily walk to Negril Escape and use their restaurant, bar, cliffs and pool. The hotel itself, may get lackluster reviews but the cliff access is excellent. Save your yourself a taxi ride and just take a walk down Sea Star lane. NE rarely gets any crowds, unlike Xtabi which is where most Trip Adviser posters will send you.

User Info Menu

Xtabi is great but the biggest drawback I can see is it's not an easy walk from Seastar, you would probably need to take a cab. It's doable if you want the exercise and don't mind running the gauntlet. Glad to hear you can get cliff access at Negril Escape, that's good to know because most of the places on that end are for guests only. We got a good deal at Catcha Falling Star and are staying there this year but it's usually out of our price range and we've considered Seastar or other spots without cliff access.

User Info Menu

Kent, Mike, Marko. Cosmic thanks!!

Groove not to sure bout you bro LOL. GG and I had totally forgotten it was PeeWee's that day on the crawl!! We just watched our video this weekend of your jump that I filmed. We are RETIRED Bro!! Living the dream. When are you guys going again, April next year?

Jim

User Info Menu

It used to be called SUNSET on the Cliffs where Dream Team divers are. They allow you to use their pool, eat at the restaurant and has water access. Very accommodating and about 10 min brisk walk from Sea Star. LTU and Love nest have great views and good drinks but no water access unless you are a mountain climber. A few years ago Tensing Pen Let in street traffic to use their facilities, but not for the last 2 years. I will try again, it is the closest. Ricks Cafe will too. But i refuse to go there. They won't even let you bring a bottle of water in with you. They want you to toss it in the trash and buy there