Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edibles

User Info Menu

Re: Edibles

A quick note of caution to anyone buying edibles; buy from a high quality source. I won't mention names, but I have seen trash bags full of herb designated for edible use that is riddled with mold. When I asked about that I was told not to worry as the cooking process kills any mold spores (which is true). The thing that cooking doesn't destroy are the toxins contained in that mold. Choose carefully.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    It's probably worth a trip to the West End to visit the Wake n' Bake cafe. I've heard the popcorn is very good!
    Yes, the popcorn and brownies are amazing. Definitely make the trip to Wake n' Bake. While yer up there you can eat some ital at Ras Rody (if they're open that day) and grab a drink at LTU pub.

User Info Menu

Connie's Country Western Pub (Jenny's Cakes) is the place to go. If you want to eat stuff that has walked up and down the beach 15x that's up to you. Scandal bag edibles... good luck with that!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Johnny View Post
    Connie's Country Western Pub (Jenny's Cakes) is the place to go. If you want to eat stuff that has walked up and down the beach 15x that's up to you. Scandal bag edibles... good luck with that!
    I have to agree with Uncle Johnny. When you're in Colorado, go for the gummi bears. When you're in Negril, nothing beats a piece of Jenny's Cake.

User Info Menu

I have to agree with Uncle Johnny. When you're in Colorado, go for the gummi bears. When you're in Negril, nothing beats a piece of Jenny's Cake.
    Can also request some nice special banana muffins from Connie, have one for breakfast and kill two birds with one stone

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Sorry if this has been asked but where is Jenny's Cake relative to Roots Bamboo? Thanks.

User Info Menu

Jenny's is on the West End

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
    Jenny's is on the West End
    Yup. Look for the sign that says "Jenny's Favourite Cakes" and then go directly next door to Connie's Country Western Pub. Jenny's is technically closed,but Connie is Jenny's daughter and has taken over the cake making business.

The shop is located near the beginning of the West End, just before Home Sweet Home.