Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Just back

User Info Menu

Just back

Just back from 10 days at Idle Awhle. Going through withdrawals. Weather could've been better, but I'd rather be in Negril with thunderstorms, than back home on a sunny day. Any questions about what's going on there?

User Info Menu

Re: Just back

Did you stay at Catcha? If so how was the vibe at the bar with the ne bartenders? Anything new on the Cliffs? How was Idle ? We are booked for room 203. I pretty much no nothing about layout of the rooms.

User Info Menu

Only stopped at Catcha for dinner and had a drink at the cliff edge, so can't comment on the feel at the bar.
    Stayed in 203 at Idle and it was great. Rooms are nice, but no place for clothes. Lived out of our luggage on the floor. AC was strong, bed comfy enough (pillows need replacing though) balcony awesome! Loved it during the thunderstorms if not at a beach bar. Left a few citronella candles out there, worked like a charm. The couch out there is great for afternoon naps! Staff is top notch too

User Info Menu

I can't get my hubs to do 11 days on the beach unfortunately. The pillow situation in Jamaica is bad.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Honey View Post
    I can't get my hubs to do 11 days on the beach unfortunately. The pillow situation in Jamaica is bad.
    Take your own. My Pillow fits nicely in my backpack as it compresses nicely.

User Info Menu

My wife is a beach bum too. Last year I finally got her to stay a week on the cliffs. She was somewhat grumpy all week because no beach. When we got in the cab to the airport, we pulled up at Nirvana instead and I surprised her with a week on the beach. She went from grumpy to an unremovable grin she even had in her sleep. I think anything over a week or so should be split, but I lost that argument this year and spent 10 days on the beach. It's all good either way.

User Info Menu

I stop at the big grocery/everything store in MoBay and buy pillows on the ride to Negril. Cheap pillow not meant to last forever, but for a couple weeks there fine. Then give them to my maid service when we leave, they love it.

User Info Menu

Did you check out the redground area ? Collettes and Red Dragon ?

Mi Yard for egg sandwich ?

Did you get a chance to go on Ya mon Red stripe cat cruise ?

User Info Menu

Did Red Dragon for my pork fix, and the cat cruise. They didn't have too many of us, so the put us on the smaller one. Still had a blast, even though my wife and I were the only ones speaking English on the boat. I noticed a huge European, specifically Italian, crowd this year. Not just at Vera. There were several at Idle too. Luckily I picked up a few words from Granny, but not enough for a conversation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNYC View Post
    Just back from 10 days at Idle Awhle. Going through withdrawals. Weather could've been better, but I'd rather be in Negril with thunderstorms, than back home on a sunny day. Any questions about what's going on there?
    We stayed at Country Country last Nov. We were the only Americans there. It was right after the election. It was pretty cool , everybody was so interested in our election.