Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soup

User Info Menu

Re: Soup

The best version of this soup I have found is at a road side fish market halfway to the pelican bar west of Negril. Don't even know where I was but the soup was to die for. Kuyaba has it on weekends but you don't get much and it's pricey, good though.

User Info Menu

Irine
    Thank you for the lengthy post for what seems like a great recipe. Can't wait to try it, and somehow I can ensure my mother in law will get the Habenero I missed. I'll post the outcome of both

User Info Menu

My recipe:

"Linston ask Mama (Izel) fe make some soup for tonight"

Cap
    Last edited by captaind; 09-06-2017 at 04:52 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Irine View Post
    The best version of this soup I have found is at a road side fish market halfway to the pelican bar west of Negril. Don't even know where I was but the soup was to die for. Kuyaba has it on weekends but you don't get much and it's pricey, good though.
    Slight curve on the right side of the road with a bay as the backdrop?

User Info Menu

Yes for sure. Bought some escovitched fish there which was really good as well. It's the first and only place I have ever been yelled at for taking a picture by a Jamaican man. I admit I didn't ask, and he was "in" the picture not the picture I was taking. I get the eye of the tiger from a few of them that day. I don't know if I would go there without a driver I trust, but the soup was fantastic.

User Info Menu

If you're in Jamaica the HiLo has everything you need except I try to by fresh shrimp from the fish market, and pumpkins from the veggie truck guy.

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    My recipe:

"Linston ask Mama (Izel) fe make some soup for tonight"

Cap

User Info Menu

Awesome. Thanks Irine!

User Info Menu

Thanks so much Irine!! I cannot wait to make it. That's a good amount of seasonings so I am going to have to wait til my reach in October and load up on those seasonings to make back here at home. Much Respect!

User Info Menu

hard to find a soup that isn't any good in Jamaica......dem all yummy and sometimes more like a stew
    Jamaicans are big soup people so most Jamaicans know how to make a great soup.......yah mon

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20