Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One night in Mo Bay.

User Info Menu

Re: One night in Mo Bay.

I recommend De La Bahia. It's a beautiful little Bed & Breakfast close to the hip strip. Here's some photos.
    Name:  De La Bahia room.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  90.0 KBName:  De La Bahia towels.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  94.0 KBName:  De La Bahia.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  86.8 KBName:  De La Bahia view.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  94.6 KB

User Info Menu

I love the Wexford. Its right on the Hip Strip next door to a really good local restaurant - The Pelican. It is across the street from Margaritaville. The Wexford offered a free buffet breakfast when I last stayed there. They also have a bar on property. I always request a room on the front of the building as it offers the best view.

User Info Menu

Name:  mobay.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  105.8 KB

User Info Menu

We recently stayed at The Wexford for one night. The hotel itself was adequate however, it took an HOUR AND 45 MINUTES to check in. Yes, yes I know it is Jamaica but come on. Just a heads up never2many.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaica Jeff View Post
    We recently stayed at The Wexford for one night. The hotel itself was adequate however, it took an HOUR AND 45 MINUTES to check in. Yes, yes I know it is Jamaica but come on. Just a heads up never2many.
    I've had this same experience - it was frustrating and I guess they saw that on my face as they offered me a rum punch. Another time, somebody else had waited a long time to check in and was being fairly loud with the staff. I stayed quiet and when it was my turn, they apologized for what I witnessed and upgraded me to the room right above the entrance - it has a huge balcony.

Did they still offer the free breakfast?

User Info Menu

Toby's, We've stayed there 8-9 times, great stay,quick trip to airport as well.
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/

Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon, will inevitably come to pass.

User Info Menu

Hi, I must withdraw my suggestion to stay at the Hotel Gloustishire, while it was a cool little hotel on the hip strip,many years ago, it has turned into a AI, now charging a ridiculous price, oh well...
    I still recommend not missing Pier One for dinner and drinks, awesome place on the water !!!
    Yesihunt, because of this thread, a friend and I decided to spend our last day in February in Mo Bay. Were going to hit Doctors Cave beach, Margarittaville, and Pier One.......at least we won't have that long depressing ride on the way back to the airport in the morning !!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Hi, I must withdraw my suggestion to stay at the Hotel Gloustishire, while it was a cool little hotel on the hip strip,many years ago, it has turned into a AI, now charging a ridiculous price, oh well...
    I still recommend not missing Pier One for dinner and drinks, awesome place on the water !!!
    Yesihunt, because of this thread, a friend and I decided to spend our last day in February in Mo Bay. Were going to hit Doctors Cave beach, Margarittaville, and Pier One.......at least we won't have that long depressing ride on the way back to the airport in the morning !!!
    I booked at Toby's for the one night (Feb 21st), kinda excited as I have not stayed in MoBay since 1985.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Yeah Jojo, I luv Dr Caves Beach.. relaxing there too, with workers taking orders for drinks on the beach and nice coral to snorkel over! Sounds like nice plan to end your trip!

Yesihunt2,
    If you're in the mood for more authentic, affordable Fare though, make a stop at the Pork Pit (less than half a mile south of Margarittaville, across the street) where you'll be getting your chicken or pork hot off the grill (try the spicy shrimp if you make it there). Also, I've flown out of MoBay in the morning a few times and getting to the airport any earlier than 2 hours ahead is a waste of time since the airport isn't that busy in the morning (compared to afternoon departures) and pretty small to get thru to your gate.

Last edited by ukran1ans; 09-15-2017 at 10:02 AM.