Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One night in Mo Bay.

User Info Menu

One night in Mo Bay.

We have a 9:15am departing flight so are spending the night before in Mo Bay. What hotel would you chose for just one night and what time should we arrive at airport as I don't imagine it is all that busy in the morning leaving the island....though I could be wrong.

User Info Menu

Re: One night in Mo Bay.

Many people in your situation stay at Toby's Resort very near the airport. Seems like a good value for the money.

When we needed one night in Mobay, we actually went the AI route with a beach and stayed at the Holiday Inn 15 minutes from the airport. We were happy there. It served it's purpose and didn't break our bank.

I'll refrain from offering an opinion on getting to the airport. I've never had an early flight out of MBJ.
    Last edited by Johio; 09-05-2017 at 08:36 AM.
    Johio

User Info Menu

We've never had an am flight either....always booked for an afternoon flight out but those flights were about $200 more so saving money leaving a few hours earlier. Don't like the thought of missing out of one more night in Negril but it is what it is.

User Info Menu

I did this once and had a nice night. I stayed at the Gloucestershire Hotel, right on the hip strip, ( across from Margaritaville ) A unique European style hotel. Also
    suggest to go Pier One, for a nice Oceanside dinner that has great seafood.

User Info Menu

I like Toby's more than Gloucestershire (Now Deja resort?) as there can be quite a bit of street noise at the Gloucestershire, depending on where your room is.
    Although, if noise isn't a concern, you would be closer to a little "action" there. I requested a quiet room at the Gloucestershire after a few sleepless nights there when I was teaching in MoBay and I was accommodated.
    It is not a long walk from Toby's to the "strip" however.

User Info Menu

Hi Marcia !! that's what we loved about staying there, we got a room on the second floor, opened up the windows and shutters, mixed a rum and cola, and people watched before we went out.
    But good point, can be noisy at night if you are planning to go to sleep early. Nothing wrong with Tobys ( for a night that is )...Tobys reminds me of that little place you would get in Fort Lauderdale on spring back, back in the day, where you could get like 5 or 6 people in one room. and everyone would get together in the middle pool area ..lol

User Info Menu

My vote is for Toby's as well. Clean, quiet and accommodating.
    Are you living, or just existing?

User Info Menu

We also like Toby's - the people are wonderful and it is a nice clean place to relax and get a good night's sleep

User Info Menu

I'll be another vote for Toby's. They also have a nice lil restaurant on site with decent food and their pool has a cash bar next to it to relax at for your last night!

User Info Menu

For something out of the ordinary try Richmond Hill. Up in the hills overlooking MoBay. Quite relaxing and wonderful views. Load with history as it was in the Dewar's family (Dewar's Whiskey) since the 1700's.