Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomato juice

User Info Menu

Red face Tomato juice

Good morning all;

First time travelling to Jamaica and will be there for 6 weeks. My drink of choice is beer with tomato juice. Is T juice readily available in the grocery stores in Ocho Rios?

Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: Tomato juice

Hi Debrrah, you might try the Ocho Rios forum (check the top under Board/Forum). The people there would have a better idea than those here unless a lot of this board go to Ochi.

BUT do come to Negril because it is amazing. The beach is huge and there are cliffs as well.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Hi Sue;

Negril is definitely on my list. I am actually going to Jamiaca to apply for PR status as a retiree. So, I am essentially seeking a long term rental so this trip will take me along the coast to hopefully find the area I will retire in. I do not want to have to limit myself to a 6month stay as a tourist; having PR status allows me the freedom to come and go, rent a place whereby I can lock the door behind me when I fly back home for visits.

User Info Menu

Hi Deborah. There is a HiLo Supermarket (among others) in Ochi - the HiLo in Negril has tomato juice, so expect to find it in Ochi too. One thing I've learned during my 3 month stays is that if you really really don't want to run out of an item, you stock up when you see it. Enjoy!!

User Info Menu

you can purchase tomato juice at the grocery stores, but it is expensive, soon come

User Info Menu

Debrrah, you said that that this will be your first time in Jamaica and that you are looking for PR status. Not wanting to burst your bubble, but it would be better to have a 3 -6 month stay first to see what it will be like. There are lots of advantages to PR BUT you might want to rethink losing your health care etc.

Debrrah visiting is one thing but living there is a lot different than what you are used to.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Tomato juice is not always easily available in Negril. I like my beer with juice also, but last year during February, I could not find tomato juice anywhere for most of the month, which surprised the heck out of me as I previously had always found it available. Not sure how this translates to Ocho.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

Hi Debrrah...as some have mentioned you can run out of product here or it can be hard to find some items...this is mostly during tourist high season. Tomato juice can be found regularly - but - has been known to run out in some tourist populated locations.

And hopefully you don't mind a bit of advice...
    SLP/Sue is correct about planning to first rent here in Jamaica for a much longer term, before applying for PR (permanent residency) status.
    And, you definitely don't want to lose your Canadian medical, unless you've looked into other health insurance plans and you feel confident with the system here and/or your insurance situation. I'm sure you're aware you have to be in Canada for (approx.) 6 months in a calendar year for medical coverage.
    I'm curious to know what makes you want to stay and retire long term to Jamaica without having ever been here before.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 09-11-2017 at 03:39 PM.

User Info Menu

Bring Motts Clamato juice, best hangover pork chop in a glass ever!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Irine View Post
    Bring Motts Clamato juice, best hangover pork chop in a glass ever!

HiLo had it two weeks ago. And the price was comparable to here in Florida

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave