Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cliff Safety Questions

User Info Menu

Re: Cliff Safety Questions

The sunset view from SamSara is great. The only negative thing about the place is that it has many different levels. Not a lot of steps but one step up one step down, two steps up two steps down. Wouldn't be a problem for most people but I know my sister in law who has a bad knee would have trouble getting around . My wife really enjoyed the pool and it was one of the deepest I have been to in Jamaica. There always seems to be a nice breeze. Snorkeling looks to be great and one day I watched some dolphins swimming around. In the afternoon it's fun watching the party boats passing by heading to Ricks.

User Info Menu

I've never stayed at Samsara, but have stayed nearby at Home Sweet Home. We exclusively stay on the cliffs and love it!. In terms of safety, walking on the road would be your biggest concern. Just be careful after dark and take a cab if you are going more than a few properties away from Samasara. As far as crime - the West End is no worse that beach road. Just use the same common sense.

There are several great places within easy walking distance. Pablo's, Pressa's, Pee Wee's and Ciao Jamaica are all places I would have no problem walking to after dark. There are also a couple convenience stores nearby (I believe there is a China Mon across the street and L&M Grocery is across from Pee Wee's).

User Info Menu

we always do a beach/cliff stay. our favorite places to eat are on the cliffs. I don't think you could go wrong staying anywhere out there.

User Info Menu

To directly answer your question, i would not do the garden side. Having been ti xtabi

User Info Menu

To answer your question, i would prefer anything ocean side. Having stayed at xtabi 12 times since 1983, I can tell you that having to cross the street is a danger you should limit if you can. I am 67 now, going to samsara oct 13. No way do i want to expose myself to the traffic. Doing samsara this time only because they provide a shuttle to beach, best of both worlds without the cab fare. Security better because the topography doesnt allow problems which may present themselves at the beach. Cliffs awesomely beautiful, still perfect for older but mobile couples. Pack light, valuables to a minimum, you have got no one there to impress.

User Info Menu

No worries crossing the street, Peter's there to assist ~
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Home sweet home was a great little place the year that I stayed there.

User Info Menu

You may wanna check out catch a falling star. Their feminine rooms are $140 in high season and 95 in the summer. Nice rooms. The Piceos is a nice room also $95. Excellent security.safes in all rooms. The cliffs are awesome. Can't imagine going to negril without staying there.