Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cliff Safety Questions

User Info Menu

Cliff Safety Questions

About to book our 8th trip to Negril. We have always stayed on the beach but I've been wanting a new experience. I've looked at Samsara as the price is right (either oceanside cottage or pillar house) but concerned about safety having never stayed there. We are an older couple (65-70) so I am always concerned about being safe & have never felt unsafe beach side. I noticed Samsara didn't list in room safes which concerned me somewhat. Thanks!
    SVW

User Info Menu

Re: Cliff Safety Questions

Quote Originally Posted by SVW View Post
    About to book our 8th trip to Negril. We have always stayed on the beach but I've been wanting a new experience. I've looked at Samsara as the price is right (either oceanside cottage or pillar house) but concerned about safety having never stayed there. We are an older couple (65-70) so I am always concerned about being safe & have never felt unsafe beach side. I noticed Samsara didn't list in room safes which concerned me somewhat. Thanks!
    SVW
    well mi live real close to SamSara and you will enjoy your time there..
    be careful walking over to the Chinamon Store and Pablo's etc.....especially at night
    plenty drivers across from SamSara to choose from if you don't want to use the route taxis....
    bring your snorkel gear as the snorkeling doesn't get any better than right at SamSara....yah mon
    make sure you walk over to PeWees to get your breakfast......tuff to beat..

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Thanks Marko. Would you have any suggestions as to what side is nicer, garden or cliff side? I generally like watching the sea but the garden pictures look really beautiful & lush.

User Info Menu

We stayed there last year and I didn't think I would enjoy being away from the beach but I really enjoyed it. A completely different vibe there. The pillar house rooms seemed to be small. We stayed in one of the rooms with an ocean view and it was perfect. They didn't have a room safe but one was available at the front desk. If you would like to go to the beach they have a free shuttle to their sister resort Legends. No worries about being safe.

User Info Menu

As far as a safe goes these are handy.

https://www.amazon.com/Pacsafe-Trave...omesh+pac+safe
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

We enjoy the oceanview rooms at SamSara ~ you can rent a safe box for $3.00 per day, check at the front desk
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

West End is the Best End. Watch out for cars but otherwise safe. Been staying out in the West End for over 20 years. Good food, less crowded, Great Sunsets and good snorkeling. Look up my previous thread on stories from the West End and Negril.

User Info Menu

I will be in Negril Saturday. I will be staying with a local on top of the one of the hills behind you. Less hussel, very laid back, locals live out there. Lots easier to meet them and talk. That's why I stay out there. My wife and I have been in every parish on the Island except one. We hope to go there this trip. East of Kingston, south of the Blue Mountains in St Thomas parish I believe. Want to go into the Blue Mountains again as well.
    Jamaica is at her best in the country side and small villages in the interior. Negril is just part of one of the most beautiful countries I've ever traveled to. Want the trip of a lifetime, hire a driver for a week or more and travel around the entire country. We fell in love with the people and the country. It's funny, I went to Costa Rica last year to visit a friend and who did we hang out with the most. Jamaican's. We mostly ate at their restaurants too!

User Info Menu

Really want to do this someday. Finances have been the only thing preventing me so far. Would especially love to see Portland Parish.

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the answers so far. Keep them coming as I love to hear your experiences on the west end and/or Samsara.