Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Buying mptorcycle for friend

User Info Menu

Buying mptorcycle for friend

Would like to buy a small motorcycle for a friend. My next trip will be a year from now. I was wondering cost and reliable brand.

User Info Menu

Re: Buying mptorcycle for friend

Jamco bikes are cheap down there. Mi fren and i was looking at one. Trying to think of the place on the right going to Rick's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

don't do it....everyday it seems like someone dies on a motorcycle in Westmoreland or Hanover....
    wi have lost too many people just in mi neighborhood to dem motorcycles....kmt

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I hope it is at least a friend of 4-5 years.
    Too many " beggie- beggie" new friends make you
    feel sorry for them. (Even if you are rich)
    This may not be in your particular case, but.....
    just a word of caution.

Like Marko said,
    you will feel horrible if they get into an accident
    because of you and your kindness.

Pay for their kids tuition, No free school in Jamaica.
    Last edited by Markospoon; 09-15-2017 at 11:28 AM.

User Info Menu

Like I said before, "You can't fix what is wrong in Jamaica by throwing money at the problem". I live in a rural area and want to make EVERYBODY'S life better but just realize that I can't so (like Markospoon says)
    I don't make big purchases for "friends" but help out with the school system as much as I can.

I have a lot of "friends" here in So. Florida and have known them multiple years and I don't ever think of buying one of them a bike or a car.

Anything you give is a gift and comes with NO STRINGS of any kind. Don't ruin a friendship over money. Even if you are rich, you don't have enough money..... trust me on dat!

Just my opinion.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

^word!^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Thanks for advice. My friend is a true friend of over 8 yrs. I am rethinking this because yes I would feel horrible if he or one of his sons were hurt or killed. Schooling sounds like a better way to help.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Thank you for rethinking the options...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Moto,

I wished I had taken this valuable advice seriously when it was shared with me. Besides the possibility of accidents…don’t think that after handing over the title and keys your only connection is enjoying free rides or celebrating expectant income. Unless you agree to assume ALL financial obligations for the life of the bike, keep in mind no matter how independent the recipient vows to be, the money won’t always be there for them so if it breaks down, the individual will come to you to pay for repairs. If it gets seized, you will be expected to pay wrecker fees, impoundment fees and any ticket(s) issued. You will be reminded of insurance payments, registration renewal and fitness fees. Since the bike doesn’t run on ocean water, don’t be surprised if you get calls asking for gas money.

When the requests for $$$ to keep the vehicle on the road became too much for me, I had to stop sending it. And yes, I lost a friend. Now, I rarely give adult gifts unless they benefit a child like school fees, clothes, school/medical supplies, etc.

I’m glad you decided to use this time to reconsider.